buying in california, 2 stroke engine

GoldenMotor.com

deskman

Aug 29, 2012
california
Hello!

I know this question has been asked to death but all the responses on the forums were from more than a year ago.

I'm looking to buy a 66cc 2 stroke engine and I live in southern california. The only option I have is venicemotorbikes for $230 and I was wondering if there was any cheaper option that anyone could sell to me...other than ebay.

Or is the situation in california so rough for sellers that I should just bite the bullet?

ProMcCown

Mar 21, 2012
California
You might be able to find a kit on craigslist in your area. Not sure if it'll be cheaper then venice but it wouldn't hurt to look. I got mine off Venice because I felt more comfortable getting a kit from from a dealer that's apart of these forums rather then eBay. If you do go the eBay route I'd contact the seller and make 100% sure they ship to California before you buy the kit (If the listing doesn't say they don't ship to California is doesn't mean they do). when I first started looking for kits I read on this site many places that you get what you pay for when it comes to these kits. The kit I got from venice has worked great, the only problem I've had is the 415 chain breaking but I hear that's common.

CroMagnum

Sep 2, 2011
Los Angeles
You should buy it from Venice Motor Bikes. He's an active member and if you have any problems you'll be able to talk to them in person.

Check out the horror stories here about buying through the mail and how difficult it is to ship your junky hardware back and begging for a refund from some no-name seller on eBay. Much better buying from a reputable, local vendor like VMB.

209metalhandz

Mar 8, 2013
stockton ca
SD stinger kits $220 and thatsdax kits $220 sell to CA. did sum homework and those seem 2 b the best kits... N nor cal going 2 order a kit soon and going 2 pick 1 of the 2. if anyone knows which kit is better let us noobs know whats up.

Moto

Jan 7, 2012
San Francisco, CA.
Ive bought 5ish engine kits from sf ca. With my PERSONAL experience 80/66cc engines with m6 headstuds have been better. (less vibration better bearings and cleaner castings) enginesonlineshop.com sells good kits (especially the clover slant ones) to california for ~$160 w/ free shipping. You can also try venice motor bikes.

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego
I can sell you one for $200 you pay shipping. If your in the San Diego area I can deliver sane day. Also still 4 strokes for around $375.