i need to know who sells a 48cc kit with a nt carb for around $200

GoldenMotor.com

beserkr

Mar 3, 2012
Mesa Az
i need to know who sells a 48cc kit with a nt carb for around $200. i also need to know how long shipping to az would be? ive looked and just cant find anything but grubee engines with that crap cns v3 carb.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I have a couple of older 50cc "Red Tag" engine kits with the old style carb if that's what your looking for. I can dig one out and ship it to you if you'd like.

They come with the old style locking clutch lever if I remember right....they have been in storage for awhile. I can include either the 48T 5 bolt sprocket, or a good used 44T.
No left grip, economy kit.

I'll dig them out tomorrow, and let you know details for sure.

Last edited:

beserkr

Mar 3, 2012
Mesa Az
ok whats the cost and how long would it take to ship i five kits 48cc with the nt carb. if u want you can text or call me at 480 652 3434 im in mesa az

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I think I have two...I will not be able to get to them until tomorrow, but if I have them I can ship them tomorrow.

It will take a few days to get to you. Say 125 each, plus actual shipping. I think that would be around 150 each. Let me get them together, and figure out shipping.

That's the best I can offer.
I take paypal. Shoot me a PM.

beserkr

Mar 3, 2012
Mesa Az
cool thanks buddy i would be interested in two for sure. know any place where i can get the remaining three?

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Hold the phone....I do not have them. I just remembered I cannibalized the kits for various parts and projects. I am SO sorry. The remaining partial kits have been in storage for two years.

I have only various bits and pieces, but I doubt I can even whip up one whole kit.

Very sorry.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I cut up the (really crappy) exhausts for some "experiments". I used a throttle control on a bike I sold, and the guy dropped it and broke his, so I replaced it. Another member wanted the "crappy locking clutch handles" so I sent those off.

GEEZE, it's been awhile.

Once again, so sorry!!!!!

beserkr

Mar 3, 2012
Mesa Az
no problem bro, any idea where to get a 48 cc kit without that crap cns v3 carb? i have a guy that wants 5 bikes built with the 48cc engine and i know from experience that the cns v3 carb is junk. i don;t want to even mess with tuning em i just threw a nt carb on the last one and it ran like a champ.

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
i would check out pirate cycles pk-80 silver has the upgraded hardware installed.been good motor for me. not 48cc but cant tell.

Last edited:

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana
why not just buy an engine kit with the cns, and then replace it with an nt?
you can pick up brand new nt carbs for around $12.00 - $15.00.

beserkr

Mar 3, 2012
Mesa Az
not only are the carbs a problem but the long manifold creates a lag on throttle response. i am building them to sell em so any extra expense or time bites into my profit and makes it not worth it to do. i just cant imagine how grubee gets away with selling so many engine kits with a carburetor that literally doesn't work at all? i am a master mechanic of 20+ years experience and tuening a carb isn't an issue but time and money make it not worth the time.

dragray

Mar 10, 2012
Indiana
I've read just the opposite.
I've read where people have extended the stock manifold 3-4 inches, and they've gained low end torque.
I've been around and built drag cars, custom cars and motorcycles my whole life, and when i first heard that a longer intake will make more low end torque, i thought just the opposite.
Normally on an engine, longer, straighter intake runners kill bottom end torque but are great for high rpm's because they flow better.
but there have been a number of people who clain that they extended the intakes on these china 2 strokes, and they gained a bunch of low end torque and got better throttle response.