Im already lost.

GoldenMotor.com

buttafinguz

Mar 7, 2012
nashville
I was hoping that my clutch and throttle would already come preassembled from bike berry- it wasn't. I watched the install DVD and the skips right over that part and moves on to something else. I'm sure this was probably too newbistical for him to mention, but I'm very newbist at this point. I need help. How do I assemble everything at the handle bars?:-||

buttafinguz

Mar 7, 2012
nashville
Thanks everyone. I went to youtube, watch videos and finally got the clutch, and throttle hooked up. Everything was going great until I hit another roadblock.... the chain. I spent an hour trying to get it threaded through the motor, until I gave up for the day. On the video the guy just toys with it for a while, (maybe editing) and it seems to moving back and forth with ease. I couldnt get through, and the gears on the inside wont budge. I sure it just ignorance on my part, but that enough for today......2-3hours my AS$!

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Take the sparkplug out and turn the motorsprocket with the plug wrench as you feed in the chain from the topside of the sprocket.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Take the sparkplug out and turn the motorsprocket with the plug wrench as you feed in the chain from the topside of the sprocket.
Ditto...

They really could have made design improvements on this part...
AND they could have re-designed so larger sprockets could be installed easily, too! (I just think it's really hard on drive chains to be forced around very tight bends, under power, like these small sprockets are.
But it seems these small sprockets are used on lots of things in this class.
Oh well!

:)
rc

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
you could do like I did on the schwinn southport...

pull the back wheel out, lay the frame on some wood blocks at the kickstand area, and womp the frame triangles over, one at a time.

Then,

Dish your wheel over to center it behind the seatpost by loosening spokes on one side, then tightening the other side. I moved mine over a little less than 1/2".

OR,
you could spring for a hub/sprocket adapter... which is the betr way anyhow!

Best
rc

buttafinguz

Mar 7, 2012
nashville
I was gonna order one of the adapters from pirate but I had two problems, 1) I say the adapter comes in 5 sizes- I didn't know what to get and 2) I called the phone/fax number listed on the page and of couse the I got a fax signal.