How does my plug look to you?

GoldenMotor.com

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
To me it looks like your carb is tuned pretty good, but the spark plug is too cold to keep itself cleaned of contaminants, however, the deposits could also be caused by burning old gas, cheap off brand gas, or cheap pre-mix oil.
If you are in fact burning the best fuel you can with a quality pre-mix, try a one step hotter B5HS. Pay careful attention to it though as running a spark plug that is too hot can do damage.

If you don't want to mess with it, the worst that could happen with a too cold of a plug is it will eventually foul and fail until the deposits are cleaned off. Then it repeats over again.

huffy80

Thanks for the feed back. I have been burning United Oil 87 octane with Honda HP2 full Synthetic oil at 32-1. I ran out then tried a bit of Opti-2 at 100 to 1. Then bought some Lucas semi-syn at pepboys mixing at 50-1.

It was suggested to use Homelite @ 32-1 full synthetic from Home Depot with an E3 #10 plug.

Any suggestions on which oil / plug combo and where to buy in San Diego?

Thanks!

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I am tried now so I might ramble a bit here.

Your gas choice is good. All the oils you have ran are good too.
I personally do not like running yard equipment oil in my motorcycles or my MB.
Homelite makes good chainsaws, weed eaters, and leaf blowers but I have yet to see a good motorcycle made by them.
Well maby this one comes close, even though it's not Homelite:
Chainsaw-powered motorcycle startup - YouTube

I have one engine running a E3.10 and another running an NGK BPR6ES. Starting, smoothness, torque, and top speed are negligible between the two.
My opinion on the E3 plugs is they are a nice novelty item, like the Splitfire plugs.

The oils you have ran so far are good.
Stick with just one, run a brand new plug and you will get a better plug coloring.
You have ran so many different kinds of oil that I retract my suggestion of running a 1 step hotter plug.
The deposits could very well be from trace residues mudding up on the surface of the plug. There have been too many variables in your choices of fuel blends to properly read the plug. Starting with a new plug also provides a clean "canvas" to color instead of a chemical coated old plug. Keep the old plug in your tool kit as a spare.

I run Maxima Castor 927, bought at the independent motorcycle shop down the street.