Engine bogs when first started but works fine a few seconds later.

GoldenMotor.com

Hacksawdecap

Jul 20, 2011
Phoenix
Is this normal? I'm guessing it's the carb trying to get fuel...a few second later or if I pull the clutch leveler it runs perfectly and never bogs.

Last edited:

Hacksawdecap

Jul 20, 2011
Phoenix
the new performance carb, the one with the red filter. It's strange once after a few seconds it runs awesomely and I can go at least 25...I think...or it just seems really fast to me. Lol.

Last edited:

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
Have you tried moving the clip down on the needle if not try it and see what happens. My Dax RT was doing the same thing today when I put a jet in that was to small. So either try the clip or open up the jet if you can.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Does it do this every time you give it throttle, or just when the motor is cold after first starting?

when these engines are cold, they sometimes need the choke applied some for a block or so.

Texhun

Aug 2, 2011
Rosebud Texas
Yes that is true what wayne said it may just be cold. However if your jet is to small it will do that, how does it run normally does it struggle at higher speeds if it does I'm guessing its the jet.

Hacksawdecap

Jul 20, 2011
Phoenix
It runs perfectly it doesnt struggle at higher speeds. I'm guessing it's a cold engine and the carb is just trying to get some fuel