Two cycle oil

GoldenMotor.com

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
After reading tons of posts about this subject guess I will have to go with Valvoline 2 stroke oil. I have checked all the shops in this small town and they just do not carry the Opti 2. I was leaning towards that brand,,,, oh well. I actually read a post that said the opti 2 caused a engine failure but who knows conditions. So after this rant what you think of the Vavoline. New engine and going to stick with it. Oh yeah read where some of these mixtures do not like the new fuel mixtures either. Ethanol I think. A boat marina close by sells regular gas , so there ya go. Small touches on the bike going on now so expect a launch maybe next week. gphil

socialdistortionkid

May 14, 2011
Orange County, CA
Yamalube 2R in all my 2 Strokes, i have little to no carbon buildup which makes my top ends last a long time. No problems with it, I can run 50:1 if i wanted too.

Next oil i would choose is Klotz or Castrol. I dont like Castor 927 because its a bean oil and it makes alot of carbon buildup

WildAlaskan

Sep 30, 2010
alaska
i just use pennzoil multi-purpose 2 stroke oil before that all i had was evinrude outboard oil my bike runs just fine i usually run er around 24 to 1

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
what were these engines made to use in russia and china? answer; crap gas and crap oil outa crap storage drums [water,rust.crap.body parts?] i think just about anything in the usa should work o.k. some better than others.I remember japaneeze fish oil forks and shocks from the 60's.

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
oh well. I actually read a post that said the opti 2 caused a engine failure but who knows conditions
there has only been a couple of people that claimed to have issue with opti-2. also most of the arguments with opti-2 is what ratio. i was using 72:1. i just put in a tank of 100:1
but i'm not here to convert you.

go to your local lawnmower sales shop. (not a box store like walmart/kmart)
they will have tons of oil & tell you why the one they use is best.
go with it.

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Thanks guys just want the thing to perform right just like to hear from the pros now and then. I do not believe the local small engine shops here carry the Opti 2. I like the way it sounds on their web so I will do what I have to do. Very helpful and thanks. gphil

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
If you really want to try Opti2 just go to your local Tractor Supply if you have one in your area and pick up a pack of Arnold The “1” Universal Mix for all 2-cycle engines, this is Opti2 packaged for Arnold, same stuff all the way.

http://arnoldproducts.com/_pdfs/_oil_lub_fluids_and_parts/Oil-Arnold-1.pdf

But like it has already been said here, any of the good 2 smoker oils will do just fine in these engins, just mix it right and tune the engine for the mix and get the air/fule mixture right and you will have a good running engine that should hold up as good and long as the wrist pin bearing and seals will let it go.

Peace, map

Thanks guys just want the thing to perform right just like to hear from the pros now and then. I do not believe the local small engine shops here carry the Opti 2. I like the way it sounds on their web so I will do what I have to do. Very helpful and thanks. gphil