So what exactly does 4 stroking mean?

GoldenMotor.com

ddesens

Jun 27, 2011
New Port Richey, FL.
I wanted to ask this same question. Why does it do it and how do you correct it? I think mine does it also. Kinda goes in and out depending on amount of throttle. Kinda feels like a twin cyclinder 2stroke running on 1 cylinder for a few seconds then goes back in.

Wm Holden

Jun 1, 2011
Ventura California
Remember...the metals are not of the highest quality....heat is your enemy...gas is the lubricating delivery system....it's really not the end of the world to have it run cooler and with extra oil for a few seconds every now and then.

as long as the top end is right and the power band is acceptable...run with it.

JMO

Last edited:

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I wanted to ask this same question. Why does it do it and how do you correct it? I think mine does it also. Kinda goes in and out depending on amount of throttle. Kinda feels like a twin cyclinder 2stroke running on 1 cylinder for a few seconds then goes back in.
I think it's most likely caused by a rich condition.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
For me perfectly tuned it will 4 stroke at WOT a little tiny bit on a straight away. Go into a hill at WOT it will not. That is where my hill climbing power is.

Allen_Wrench

Resident Mad Scientist
Feb 6, 2010
Indianapolis
Yeah, if it does it too much, you could be running richer than you need to. If you're still in the break-in period though, you may have to expect a bit of this. Indiana's mostly flat, but a twisty street I like to ride on has a bit of the up-and-down. During break-in I would get some 4-stroking through there.