No motor but impressive

GoldenMotor.com

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
I watched in awe throughout video. That guy is amazing!
I learned a few stunts in my youth, most of which I could do nowadays with a little practice, but that guy has more stunting skills in his left pinky finger than I ever will have.
Just pondering the balance, centering, momentum, and gyroscopic details required to do what he does makes my mind wander in awe.

Thank you very much for sharing this, Ted!

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn
A couple of years ago I saw a clip, same name, much shorter, of this guy. He is very good. The clip I saw before was some of the footage from this video. I like watching the trials guys ride the way they do, it's like parkour on a bike.

There is another guy that is just as good, I'm sure there are a lot of people that are good at this kind of riding, but there are only the two that I have seen videos of and just been awe struck by how good they are.

Thanks for posting this, I can't wait to show my bro.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I was introduced to the McAskill videos a few months ago and I've watched them countless times. Several aspects of his skills that amaze me is his ability to know exactly where that rear wheel is at any given time and where it's going to go. In his first vid he rides atop an iron fence and when mounting the fence he jumps the bike's rear wheel to center it on the top of the posts without even looking back.
Other times he jumps and lands precisely on the rear wheel on things as narrow as a steel pipe fence railing that appears to be only 2" in diameter.

One mystery that I haven't figured out yet is how he stands the bike on the front wheel, spins it around and the bike has cable actuated front disc brakes. How does he keep from twisting the cable around the head tube? Watch the scene where he's on top of his camper. What am I missing?

You also have to give credit to his room mate and his skills with a camera. The videography in Danny's vids is fantastic. Oh, and the choice of music doesn't hurt either.
Tom

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
He has the cable going to a floating bearing at the neck to the handle bars. This will allow him to spin the bars and forks together all he wants. Least that is how we did it in our day.
I think that is basically what he is using.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Gyro cables...Man, I learn something every day. Guess that means I'm still alive.
Thanks, Goat. That explains the trick.
Tom