Piston Bikes 80cc Jet engine good??

GoldenMotor.com

jtgolden

May 31, 2011
United States
Im planning to make my first purchase and I really like the Jet race engine that piston bikes sells. I here that piston bikes is a good company to buy from, just wondering if this is a good kit selection.

Thanks for all replies!

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
The biggest thing and I can't say it more - when you're comparing between sites at all, let the warranty be your guide. If they stand behind their product, they have faith in it.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
The biggest thing and I can't say it more - when you're comparing between sites at all, let the warranty be your guide. If they stand behind their product, they have faith in it.
I don't know if using that as a factor is good, consider the "warranty" for gasbike.net:

All kits have a 6-Month Limited Warranty and 30-Day Price Match Guarantee*

And we all know the deal with them.

A better gauge would be the BBB report, and in this case, PistonBikes' rating is A+:

BBB Business Review of Pistonbikes.com - Golf Equipment and Supplies Retail - Simi Valley, CA

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Im planning to make my first purchase and I really like the Jet race engine that piston bikes sells. I here that piston bikes is a good company to buy from, just wondering if this is a good kit selection.

Thanks for all replies!
I just got a few Grubee SkyHawks from PistonBikes but now I think that
the Jet is a better kit for many reasons.
You can't go wrong dealing with Rob and Greg.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Well, if you read GasBike's fine print, it's 6 months 'LIMITED - which means if you put gas in it, it's void. That's what I mean, look for good warranties. Honestly, the best warranty I've found is at Rawmotors.com's website, but they're out of stock for a while.

jtgolden

May 31, 2011
United States
i originally purchased my first kit from bike berry motors. they had the grubee on there and i purchased it. couple days passed and no tracking number or anything. called them and they had been out of stock for awhile got refund and have been set back more than a week now waiting for my money. i just dnt want this whole mishap again..... just hoping that i dnt experiance any of this with my next purchase

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
piston always answers the phone because their aways their! and they speak pretty good english too! being from so.cal. that's saying alot!

Last edited:

jtgolden

May 31, 2011
United States
I got the race. The clutches sucked. One of them wasnt machined right I had to take it and get one of the parts on the clutched grind down. The other somthing is on the inside of the clutch and when it is at the right spot it squeals loudly so when the clutch is engaged everytime is spins to that certain poin it squeals so if its moving it basically is squealing the entire time. Piston bikes was cool tho.

gera229

Sep 4, 2011
USA
Ok, did you make any replacements though? And did you fix your clutch? And the clutch is the only problem you had right? How fast can you go and how many teeth is your sprocket?

Last edited:

F_Rod81

Dealer
Jan 1, 2011
Denver, CO
Ok, did you make any replacements though? And did you fix your clutch? And the clutch is the only problem you had right? How fast can you go and how many teeth is your sprocket?
scratg Every engine is different, a number of factors play into this. Some get gems, some get lemons. You cannot compare one members experiences to another. You just have to learn the hobby from your own experiences.

Ruby478

Apr 2, 2011
Dallas,Tx
i've only used 66/80cc jet motors the main problem with this is the gaskets and the head nuts .......change the head nuts to lock nuts , change out the the cylinder gaskets for new ones and use a little ultra copper rtv ......... after i do this i never have any problems from the motor just the carb but you can switch those out easy

jtgolden

May 31, 2011
United States
I did get the problem fix and I had a stock 44 tooth and riding next to my buddy on his scooter he clocked me at 38 mph on flat ground and the thing was screaming.