Manic Mechanic CUSTOM Hub Adapters

GoldenMotor.com

BTR

Jan 15, 2012
Bakersfield
I have no idea if anyone's going to see this, so I'll just ask and see what I get. The original sprocket I had for my bike was a padded 46 tooth sprocket, but every time the engine turned over, it jolted the wheel a little more, and eventually wore the spokes to the point where half of them were broken. I was wondering if this sprocket is better for the spokes? Does it rub on the spokes or hit the spokes when the engine turns over? or does it fit tightly to the shaft of the wheel so it only jolts the shaft? If I'm a little unclear let me know, because I'm looking at buying one of these for my bike now.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I have no idea if anyone's going to see this, so I'll just ask and see what I get. The original sprocket I had for my bike was a padded 46 tooth sprocket, but every time the engine turned over, it jolted the wheel a little more, and eventually wore the spokes to the point where half of them were broken. I was wondering if this sprocket is better for the spokes? Does it rub on the spokes or hit the spokes when the engine turns over? or does it fit tightly to the shaft of the wheel so it only jolts the shaft? If I'm a little unclear let me know, because I'm looking at buying one of these for my bike now.
Works very well with no contact to the spokes. Another plus is that a clam shell adapter (sportsman flyer also makes one) can be adjusted laterally to help you align the chain. Well worth the money. I think Pirate Cycles also sells them. Manic Mechanic (Creative Engineering) was sold and is now under different management.
SB