Sky hawk super rat engin question

GoldenMotor.com

DROPTOP302

May 15, 2011
FLORIDA
Can i get this engine by it self, reason i ask is i got a kit from gas bike.net after two gas tanks the bike just would not start. Engine has no spark i take the mag cover off and the nut that holds down the mag was lose i unscrew it and the mag slides bake and forth on the key way. Trying to get a hold of gas bike is near impossible just now tried to order a SKY HAWK SR and got hung up on. please help me out here i am new here and my name is TIM and i am 31 i love riding this bike had go peds wen i was younger and never had this problem they all was ran great stock or with after market parts. :-||

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York

young grease monkey

Sep 20, 2011
Chicago
I had the impossible task of contacting gasbike till I saw a YouTube video from a guy with the same problem. Here is the phone # for Josh at gasbike-1-818-779-0088. Call between 1-3 central time, weekdays only. It will ring for a long time but they will pick up. They sent me a new bottom end for my grubee but it was a crap one from a different manufacturer. You can tell because the crankshaft has milling lines in it and is made of a softer steel, but what can i do? The grubee really is better.

young grease monkey

Sep 20, 2011
Chicago
Btw, my name is Alistair and I'm 15. My dad helped me with lighting a fire under gasbikes but because I am in school during the hours they are available. I did the whole kit mostly by myself though. I had to use the extra mounting spacer and longer bolts so I didn't have to take off my front derailler.

young grease monkey

Sep 20, 2011
Chicago
One more word of advice. You don't need a new engine. Don't be the stupid American that buys another one cuz its broken. Be a man and fix that ****! Jam some flathead screwdriver bits between coil and magnet so it stays in place then tighten it down. And use thread lock.