Newbie on the Block

GoldenMotor.com

wsmyth

Jun 16, 2009
Sunland, CA
Hello everyone!

I've recently become very intrigued by the whole idea of building my own motor bicycle when I saw the no doubt infamous around here Derringer Cycle for the first time. After learning the actual costs behind the thing I was just about offended with its outrageous price, and grew determined that I could potentially build a better looking bike for a fraction of the cost. When I went searching for more information, I stumbled on this almost secret mecca of the art. :D I hope to learn a lot more while I'm here!

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Welcome to the forum.

We do have a lot of good info here fo'sho'!

You can, with just a little determination and patients, make yourself a really nice bike.

wsmyth

Jun 16, 2009
Sunland, CA
I like the idea of a touring MB and 4 stroke see to be the way to go as far as reliablility and ease of use. Unfortunately, the only 4 strokes (the engines themselves, not the bikes) I've seeen are horrifically ugly. Is that new derringer simply something like a Titan 4 but with the plastic panels removed?

Forbisher

Dec 28, 2008
Orange County, CA.
I like the idea of a touring MB and 4 stroke see to be the way to go as far as reliablility and ease of use. Unfortunately, the only 4 strokes (the engines themselves, not the bikes) I've seeen are horrifically ugly. Is that new derringer simply something like a Titan 4 but with the plastic panels removed?
The Derringer uses a Honda GX 50 engine with a Grubee gearbox and there are chinese copies
of the engine that work and look the same

The EZ motorbike uses a HuaSheng 50 cc 4 stroke

what is a Titan 4 ?

wsmyth

Jun 16, 2009
Sunland, CA
Ya had a feeling that "BAMF-II" or whatever was a fake build name. I'll give that Honda a look, I know they have a reputation for reliability and cheap operating costs. I was talking about the 4 stroke Titan motor over at thatsdax.com