making my entrance

GoldenMotor.com

TheMotheMan

Jun 14, 2009
Southern Minnesota
Hey guys It's just me MotheMan, aka Scott. Long story on the name, but the short version is that it's a World of Warcraft name I use and a name I gained when I was younger. I ordered a 48cc 2 stroker from Dax last week, hopefully will be here by this friday or sooner...I've been farting around with my bike, replacing cables, only to find my grip shifts are broken, I need new break levers, I may just get a double pull lever, my rear shifter has no click to it anymore so it sometimes has a tendancy to slip out of the gear i'm riding in to a higher gear. Upgrading my stock fork to a suspension fork from another Mtn. bike I had laying in the machine shed. I'm gonna run my bike with the standard setup from Dax, and if this is something I'll get into hardcore, I'm gonna spring for the SBP jackshaft kit. I've thought about fabricating one myself, but then I thought, "Why, these guys have already done the work, I just gotta put it together." And the parts to build one would be close to the amount I'd pay to have a kit sent to me...so that's the way we'll go if this pans out for me. I know I'm gonna have some problems and will be bugging you guys to no end. I'm no greenhorn when it comes to bikes and engines, but it definitely has been a while. I'm glad I found this site and the plethora of info you guys offer up. I'll be here to stay I think.

Echotraveler

Aug 25, 2008
welcome bro. if your planning to go with the shifter, do it quick....that rear sprocket has little play for alingment with the chain....it works but you know, it could be a headache. Also the shifter kit, will simplify your life cause it doesnt use the chain tensioner! this las 2 things are pretty common problems people experience, they have many solutions...

Keep us posted, and pics are always good.

TheMotheMan

Jun 14, 2009
Southern Minnesota
Horde all the way man, 3 level 80's on malorne

I play way more than I should, that's why I'm starting this, Hopefully it'll take some time away from WoW and I can break my habit :)

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
LOL You think YOU play more than you should. I have EIGHT level 80's on E'T. But the MB's do draw me a way a bit. My excuse is that I currently live 1400 miles away from my family and friends, though, which will change in a week as I will be moving back.

TheMotheMan

Jun 14, 2009
Southern Minnesota
OH dang, you got me beat there. I had to go to the extreme and cancel my membership so I will have to stop playin in August. I'm too lazy to go buy a game card. By that time i'll have a 4th at 80 so that's enuf for me...don't get anything tangible in that game anyway, just pixelated crack.