Hello, glad to be here. HELP!

GoldenMotor.com

dfloyyd

May 3, 2009
So, I was excited when i ordered my bike and motor from the same site.
I was even more excited when they came on the same day.

Horribly disappointed when i realized i couldn't fit the motor onto the 20" frame i bought....
i have no idea why i ignored the 26" frame requirement.

i'm not entirely discouraged because i've been working in a metal fabrication shop lately and have access to welding and grinding equipment....

my main concern now is that the fitting for the bolt-on Sprocket doesn't fit over the hub on the 20" frame. i don't know how much sense that makes and i'll post pictures as soon as i can.

what i'm wondering is, can i remove every 3rd spoke or will it sacrifice its structural integrity? the part of the spoke that connects to the hub is actually too wide too; So, the bolts for the sprocket, if centered on the wheel won't actually clear the hub and pass through the spokes to the inside of the hub.

the bike is too beautiful and i don't want to give up on it. Any help will be so appreciated and if you have any questions, please ask!

Thanks,

floyd

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Is it a coaster brake hub? If so there are ways around it. There are also certain frame dimensions that are required to fit an engine. Browse the "Classic Posts" section and you should find most of the info you need. Otherwise just wait a bit and our resident linkmaster FairRacing31 will be along and link you a bunch of informative threads!