Flyer Production

GoldenMotor.com

zean

Dec 5, 2010
california
Hello sportscarpat. Wow. That's a serious machine. Is there a big difference with the manual clutch and the centrifugal Bully clutch in the holeshot? Thank you sportscarpat for high quality motorized bicycles available to the public through an honest dealer and the videos.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Fun to watch as well Pat & adds to the confidence that your hub adapter doesn't slip or spin on the larger Sturmey hub, which would bend spokes.

Motor sounds great as well & of course it didn't take long for you to adjust to the 3 D manual clutch; as a seasoned biker it was just second nature.

Are you running a 44 tooth final sprocket with your standard reduction setup?

Load test aside. Drive line shock in daily riding (even while engaging in the fun mode) is virtually eliminated with a study manual clutch through the judicious "feathering" of clutch and throttle, gradually feeding in power with both controls to engage clutch plates & take up slack in both primary & final chain assemblies.

I am a proponent of the manual clutch for some rider applications if the clutch system used is durable as delivered. Thanks for testing Pat & sharing the progress of your findings. That said a quality Bully clutch set up & properly adjusted for motor biking, like Sportsman has special built & offers ( don't waste time & $$ trying to get an off the shelf go cart clutch to work properly) is also a good choice, simple get on and go & for those trying to meet certain state legal requirements they are mandated (even China Doll 50 cc are illegal in Indian Territory because of the no manual clutch provision of state statute.

Keep it fun! Rick C.

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Hi Guys,
12/38 15/48
Engine is stock except for ratio rockers and stiffer valve springs.
I have adjusted to the clutch nicely. Problem now is remembering which bike I am on. We have two beaters, I mean test bikes, in the shop right now. One is a manual clutch and the other is centrifugal. Jumping back and forth between the two and I grab too much front brake trying to pull in the clutch if you know what I mean.
I will do some drag racing between the two different clutch bikes and see which is faster. We tried last night but my friend John on the manual clutch wasn't launching well and kept popping the front tire too high and then backing out of it to get it back on the ground. Other problem is we were both laughing too hard to be serious about the drag race! Talk about fun, geez, it was hilarious.

Tom from Rubicon

Apr 4, 2016
Rubicon, Wisconsin
This just gets more interesting with every post Pat, the 3D manual clutch will definitely prove out your "Reduction System". Can't wait for the acceleration test, Bully vs 3D.
Tom

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
You guys won't be disappointed frames etc.are first rate!

Rick C.
I'm just sent an email
You guys won't be disappointed frames etc.are first rate!

Rick C.
All his stuff I've used has outlasted the bike around them. Been in love with his bikes before they were production. Went to order the frame for a 160 last night but the boardie seat option isnt there.