Afraid of the dark???

GoldenMotor.com

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Allen, it's pretty close. Mine was a few years old and discontinued.

I stuffed it into an old bike headlight, and the lens and battery weigh less than the 2 D cells it replaced.
I did the same thing with one, I have pics somewhere but it did work well and looked cool, just hard to do.

Alpha Centauri

May 29, 2016
New Hampshire
To answer your question, ye-Holy **** that's a big a$$ light for a bike. Is it real or trickery...??? Anyways, I am afraid of the dark per se, I can't go near the woods when it's dark out.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
We killed and ate all our big dangerous animals 1,000 years ago; you live in a country which still has some around that are able to kill and eat you. I'm in favour of staying out of your woods as well.

sbest

Nov 3, 2015
Nova Scotia
“The mass of men lead lives of quiet desperation. What is called resignation is confirmed desperation. From the desperate city you go into the desperate country, and have to console yourself with the bravery of minks and muskrats." Henry David Thoreau

I love the woods, although very little to hurt me here. The bears and coyotes are docile, the ticks are the real danger.
From my army years I learned to live without a tent and to travel without a light. I feel safer in the woods then any city or roadway.

About the BIG light and KC's comments about manageable sized boat:
Many guys drive big bikes, big trucks to make up for their inadequacies.
We ride small bikes cuz we are OK with our inadequacies...

Steve

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
About the BIG light and KC's comments about manageable sized boat:
We ride small bikes cuz we are OK with our inadequacies...Steve
I still haven't seen anyone bragging about an 18cc Lohmann here :)

sbest

Nov 3, 2015
Nova Scotia
Ludwig, isn't that the little fork mount diesel? If I could get my grubby little paws on one, I'd run it for sure.
I have a 10hp Yanmar diesel clone in my garage that I eventually intend to place in a motorcycle. My stumbling block was figuring how to get to 100kph on only 10hp. Conventional wisdom claims it takes 20hp to get a 400 lbs motorcycle and 220 lbs rider to 100kph. Now that I have gotten to 60kph on 2.5 hp, it is looking more do-able. The goal was a 100+mpg touring motorcycle.

I've been gathering up parts. Transmission and clutch will be a 6speed DT200 engine case with the crankshaft replaced by a jackshaft. Frame is a problem. Needs to be large and light.

Wait a minute, maybe I already have a 100mpg touring motorcycle?
It just runs on mixed gas rather than diesel...

Steve

Last edited:

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Speed is dependent on power overcoming drag. Frontal area, not weight is the real enemy.

As for the Lohmann, it's under the bottom bracket and isn't a true diesel. It has controls for compression and fuel amount through jets and you have to blend your own for the best effect.

Of nerd interest, it was copied in East Germany as you'd expect. It was also officially licenced in Japan by Toyo, a few thousand being made.

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
“About the BIG light and KC's comments about manageable sized boat:
We ride small bikes cuz we are OK with our inadequacies...

Steve
It's called adapting to getting old ;-}
A wife really helps, ~30 years here, we just adapt to it.