Smart Phones

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I love my “smarter than me, smart phone, telephone”

I use it as a GPS, a calculator, texting device, a game player. And also a WIFI hot spot. (portable internet connection for a laptop in my car)

I have an app that works as at tape measure. Another that works as a level. A camera, a video recorder, a watch and an alarm clock.

It has more computing power than my first computer and is faster!

A note pad, an email device, a check this forum device. A “quit smoking helper”
When I was in college, I used special apps to do Trig, Algebra, Geometry and so much more.
I forgot as a spell and grammar checker!

Weather alerts, Radio/music player. I can watch TV and movies on it. (Just in case I ever get stuck in an elevator or on the road)

When we got these phones, I swore I wouldn't be tethered to it. Now I check my back pocket before leaving the house. Just to make sure I have my little pocket computer.

Walking out of the store with it still in the box, I played with it for 20 minutes before I realized I should try the phone!

Just found this. Really amazing stuff. Really amazing stuff.

Diagnose a leaky window
Measure your heart health
Watch over-the-air TV
Measure your muscles
Figure out why your check engine light is on
Improve your basketball skills
Catch fish
http://www.techlicious.com/tip/8-weird-things-you-can-do-with-your-smartphone/

…..Any thing, you can think of, “there's an APP for that.

r.ly.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Dan I couldn't do without my phone, my job depends on it. I have my personal phone and my work phone on me all the time, I always display my identification from work when carrying both. I don't want anyone thinking I was up to no good. Multiple phones got a guy busted for drugs at a local motel, he had three on him when he checked in and someone working there though it was odd and called the police.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Everything in your life in one easy to lose package....not for me thank you!

I am old school extreme when it comes to phones, online banking, bill pay, ect .

I don't.

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Everything in your life in one easy to loose package....not for me thank you!

I am old school extreme when it comes to phones, online banking, bill pay, ect .

I don't.
I am with you Joe!
I have a hard line big button phone, real PC, and real camera that doesn't track location and time of pics I take at 4000x3000 resolution I can do whatever I want with on a pair of huge monitors.

Hence my pics guys, you just can't do that one a phone, and how can you ever see it?

I can't stand the damn things and laugh at my family!
I mean every one of them short of my mom who is like me.

My wife is paying for 6 lines and every month or so someone has broke or lost theirs!

I never loose or 'drop' my desktop PC or phone, and though they track some info I want them to for my benefit, the myriad of hacking/tracing/tracking BS all says the same thing, me safe and sound at home no matter where I am or doing.

Ya, I have an old school flip phone that does nothing but make and take a call in an emergency if I care to carry it, but it's hack proof and don't track me.

All the other functions?
I have tools for all of those, cost me nothing, last for years, can't hack or spy one me, don't keep a history, and if stolen give the thief nothing but a dumb tool and not my life.

I am a pretty savvy tech guy with decades in computers and know what is possible with 'smart phones' all to well and why I don't carry one.

Just to be clear, I am a very open guy with my name, address most everything for people I am friends or do business with, it's the rest of world trying to exploit me I keep out.

Speaking of which.. Too Funny!
I got a caller ID blocked call a couple hours ago from the IRS.

I screwed up...
I wanted to keep the scammer on the line long enough to get where I was supposed to send the cash but I was laughing so hard he hung up.

Last edited:

Tyler2012

Apr 6, 2014
Cincinnati
All my "smart" phone has done for me is take up room in my pocket and has me going nuts from all the different texts, calls, and emails. Just wish my family wouldn't insist that i have one on me all the time.

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
all my smart phone has done for me is show me how stupid i am, iphone 6 plus so at least its big enough for me to see lol

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Dan I couldn't do without my phone, my job depends on it.
That is far different.
The ability to instantly communicate no matter where you are or how far away has greatly advanced productivity for business.

I liked the days of beepers as I wore one for years.
Like e-mail, 'I'll get back to you on my time'.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Smart phones have really changed the way we do things, the school system I work for supplies a smart phone for all maintenance and support staff. Maintenance personnel get work orders delivered to their phone, and any hourly associate can clock in as long as they are at a school system facility and connected to the system Wi-Fi. That sure beats punching the cardboard card from when I started work.