New to the board

GoldenMotor.com
Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
Greetings all in motor bike land. I am new to the forum. I have been motorcycling basically my whole life, road raced middle weight superbike for 3 seasons. Grew up on a bmx bike and then road bikes on and off for a decade. Living in Tucson Arizona I see motorized bikes everywhere and have been really wanting to build one. I have worked as a mechanic here and there thru life so I ordered a China girl, the 66cc Raw Racer. I plan on building the whole bike on the very light weight side of things. At the last bicycle shop i worked we built a record setting 6.3 lb road bike that now has over 10,000 miles on it, so it's a working proof of concept. After getting the motor and bike reliable I will work on shedding weight. Me and the bike haha. End goal is to get her under 40lbs and still be solid, reliable and aerodynamic. Well I will work on posting pics of the build, probably in the race section and look forward to contributing to the forum.

BobbyT

Mar 16, 2014
Santa Maria ca.
Welcome,

It sounds like you have the skills and will enjoy building your new light weight MB.
Be warned it sounds like you are also a prime candidate to become addicted to this hobby.brnot

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome,

It sounds like you have the skills and will enjoy building your new light weight MB.
Be warned it sounds like you are also a prime candidate to become addicted to this hobby.brnot
As Bobby said (warned) these things are addictive. Build one, you'll want another.

Anyway, welcome to the forum and show us pictures of your lightweight build. Good luck, have fun and ride safe.

Tom

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to the world of motorized bicycles. as every one is saying you will get addicted and have a new passion!

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
Thanks for all the welcome's!!! My new Raw Racer 66cc showed up from gasbike.com yesterday. Will post pics and updates as they happen.

Flyman

Nov 28, 2014
Vian Oklahoma
Thanks for all the welcome's!!! My new Raw Racer 66cc showed up from gasbike.com yesterday. Will post pics and updates as they happen.
Hey I,m going out to Tucson after Christmas for a short visit with
my son.Be nice to meet up & you could show me your bike, if you would like.

If not I understand Fly .shft.