No Spark!

GoldenMotor.com

dndory

Sep 7, 2014
IL
Hello,

My bike is totally ready but I'm having a problem with getting sparks.
1\ I checked the wires by OHM ' S meter [ checked the engine and the magneto itself . Everything is good.
I thought the problem with the plug spark .. I got a new one [B8HS] but still no sparks when I do the spark test.
Finally I thought the problem is caused by the the ignition coil .. I did measure it by OHM 's meter and there's readings but I don't know what is the problem.

Thank you ppl

Last edited:

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
You do have the blue wires together and the blacks together right? The white wire needs to be isolated. Disconnect the kill switch remove the sparkplug hook it up to the cdi and hold it to the head and roll the bike with the clutch lever released so the engine turns over. You should see spark if you still don't have spark check the connection of the black wire at the magneto coil, sometimes the black wire eyelet doesn't make a good ground there.

dndory

Sep 7, 2014
IL
Yes. Black with Black .. Blue with Blue
I taped the white to isolate it.
I took the kill switch and isolated it as well.

I did what you mentioned .. i changed the black to another place and checked it with Ohm's meter and still no sparks. :(

dndory

Sep 7, 2014
IL
I did .
I spent the whole day testing and trying to figure out why I don't get sparks.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
did your magneto coil measure about 350ohms? (or some new ones measure 450ohms) - is the measurement from blue to black the same as from blue to an engine ground? - did you try holding the plug in your hand while rolling the bike to see if you could feel the spark? - are you sure the engine is turning over?

dndory

Sep 7, 2014
IL
1- yes
2- yes
3- that's what I do to check the sparks. Yes
4- what do you mean by turning over?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
you can take off the mag cover to see if the motor is actually turning - if it is, then I'd guess your CDI is bad (or one of its wires isn't making good contact) - wouldn't hurt to get a new one as it's good to have a spare even if yours isn't bad

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I recently gave one of my sons a China girl 2 stroke I hadn't ridden for a few years and it won't give spark... changed plug and CDI with no improvement. I did have the bike under a tarp earlier in the summer and am thinking that the magneto may have gotten moist. Is there a source you'd recommend for a replacement? This is the smaller 50cc China Girl. I thought it might be simpler to just buy another and send it to him than trying to lead him through troubleshooting with a meter. Thanks!
SB

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
they're all pretty much the same - prices change weekly as sales happen at diff suppliers

use google for one

dndory

Sep 7, 2014
IL
I fixed my problem, but got distracted lol srry guys.
I did trubleshooting to the ignition coil and it works.
I got new ignition coil now and it's working fine.