My bike

GoldenMotor.com

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
JUST HAD TO DO THIS IN CAPS BECAUSE I AM A HAPPY OLD MAN. EARLIER, A FEW DAYS AGO REPORTED TO THE GROUP HERE THAT MY CRANBROOK BABY HAD BEEN STOLEN. VERY HAPPY TO REPORT THAT THE POLICE IN MY SMALL TOWN LOCATED IT AND HAVE WAITING ON ME AT THE STATION. SOMEONE SAW IT IN THE WEEDS AND REPORTED TO POLICE. THEY HAD IT ON FACEBOOK AND EVERYWHERE. ANYWAY GOOD NEWS ALL AROUND. DON'T GUESS THEY CAUGHT THE PERP. IT IS COMING HOME AND WILL BE UNDER A GOOD LOCK NOW. HAVE A GREAT NEW WEEK IAM. GPHIL dance1

gphil

Jan 9, 2011
USA Georgia
Now that lottery thing might be worth trying. Yup I was lucky but this is a small town.....takes five minutes max to go through lol. If they had ridden it would stand out like a wart on ones nose. Pics had been posted on local news and facebook so it was well represented. Get it today and hope fine although did rain on it over 2 inches but doubt if that bothered . . . . . . gphi
ldance1

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
Glad you got it back. The next step is going over it with a fine-toothed comb making sure it didn't suffer at all due to ignorance or the rain.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Congratulations, George. You're one lucky and fortunate man. These stories don't usually end like this.

Glad the steed is back in the stable. Now lock that barn door before you go to bed. :)

Tom

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Just make sure your magneto coil didn't get wet and don't start it if it did... You could remove it and let it sit out in the sun all day and it should be safe to run again.

Only other thing I could think that could go wrong is if you got a free flowing K&N type filter and it got water inside the intake, for this, just remove the spark plug and run it down the street a little to force any water out of the cylinder if there's any chance it got water in there to prevent hydro locking and bending the piston rod, but even then, it would take a good amount of water to do any damage there... after that, just run it til it fully warms up and any water or condensation in the case should evaporate out and the fuel/oil will re lube the bearings then you'll be good to go.