hands down best mirror

GoldenMotor.com

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
I'm always buying new bicycle mirrors because they are junk on MB's. I finally picked a winner. This is hands down the best bicycle mirror I have found to date. Once it is adjusted it stays there, and with minimal vibration the mirror is actually useful.
dance1

Attachments

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
Where did you buy it ? I've also had the luck of a one legged man at an ass kicking contest with mirrors as well . They vibrate & shake themselves to death and when doesn't fall off & smash on the ground , you look at it all you can see is a vibrating world behind you Even with a rubber mount I was going to try the helmet mirror but those create a blind spot on your peripheral vision and that I do not like .

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
I've seen those mirrors in at least one bike shop around here, but haven't tried them.. I have the same problem with mirrors on the MABs, the vibrations either make looking in them nearly useless or they won't stay where I set them. The answer for me was a mirror attached to the side of my helmet. The 'blind spot' it creates is filtered out by the brain the way the windshield mounted mirror in a car is when you're not focusing on it.

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
jumpa slayer ctripps,

I bought the mirror here in Las Vegas at a place called Bike World. I'm sure a internet search would come up with many distributer's, or buy online. Probably Amozon.com?? I paid $19.99 U.S. I like it so much I bought another one. I choose to mount mine down and inside...
.wee.

Attachments

Last edited:

16v4nrbrgr

Mar 17, 2012
North Bay
I use one of those on my emotard, it's a great mirror and the plastic is a lot stronger than it looks, I've bumped mine a couple times and its still ok.

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Very cool...I actually JUST saw these mirrors at a bike shop in Stony Brook, NY. The name caught my eye as I thought it was clever. I'll have a closer look at them next time I'm in.

BTW: your pic was clever as well.

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
jumpa slayer ctripps,

I bought the mirror here in Las Vegas at a place called Bike World. I'm sure a internet search would come up with many distributer's, or buy online. Probably Amozon.com?? I paid $19.99 U.S. I like it so much I bought another one. I choose to mount mine down and inside...
.wee.
that is a sweet looking bike Mass is that the frame "Gasbikes" is offering for $149.00 with the built in gas tank ? Do you have any more photo's of the entire bike I've been looking at those frames for a long time now wondering if my components from my Ironhorse will fit on it . I cant find any detailed info on them ! I do like the way you set it up though Very Nice looking bike Sir!!!

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
Thank you sir... The frame is a GT2A-S. The truth is When I built it last year I built 2 at once and ordered so much stuff from so many places I really can't remember where I bought it. I think it was Kings, but can't be sure. I paid $169 for it, $182 with shipping. That I do remember. lol
What dimension's do you want I'll measure my frame for you. It uses an American cup bottom set, 1 1/8" stem, and it has horizontal drop outs 135mm wide. I had to buy 180mm rear axils and than make spacers to fit. I'm a machinist and fabricator it was a fun built. The china engine will not fit in the frame. The engine mounts are smaller than the frame tubes. You have to make a choice; buy or make adaptor's, modify the frame, modify the engine mounts, or give up. I chose to modify the engine mounts. Honestly it was the easiest way to go about it. I chucked the entire engine in a power lock vise on a Bridgeport, squared it up and plunged out the front engine mount with a 1.5" end mill. It took about 15 mins. from start to finish. I did the same thing to the rear engine mount (off the engine) and opened it up to 1.25" to fit the rear down tube. Ta da... a perfect fit. I also machined some cool engine mount clamps too. The kit clamps are crap and so are the aluminum replacement clamps you can buy online. I put one on my bike and immediately broke it before I even rode the bike! I have a lot of custom and modified components on my bike. Like I said it was a fun build.

PM me about a complete bicycle / engine kit. Everything you need including those cool custom parts. Here are some pics...
.wee.

Attachments

Last edited:

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Great job, MassDrive. Too clean for my tastes though...I like to keep my expectations, and those of my MB admirers low so no one feels disappointed!

massdrive

Oct 3, 2013
Las Vegas
Right from the start I wanted a clean modern bike. Now I have it. Next build is a hf 78cc 4 stroke, this one will have a vintage/rat look to it.