Throttle body moving

GoldenMotor.com

Nican

Apr 6, 2013
Texas
Throttle slide spinning

So I have riding here and there mostly to work,the throttle slide is spinning inside the carb so the notch where the idle screw is off center or turned way around .....there for I run very high rpms and have to clutch kill the motor!
Any ideas on how to fix this I search the forums so far did not find an answer
The motor is from bike berry,nt carb , no mods ( as it is not broke in yet),
Change the throttle cable even short it by 1/2" I am at a loss with this one,I tried to tighten the cable,made it worst as the handle will not turn ( at least very hard to).check for air leaks and not a thing but a wet engine from the cleaner I used.I can't think of anything else....any all in put will be wonderful and used.:-||

Last edited:

Nican

Apr 6, 2013
Texas
Tried loosing the carb no help ,going to try and steel wool trick see if it helps.
Maybe just get anew carb in a month or two,bummer. Need a new exhaust pipe anyway tip popped off not loud as a chopper,lol get lots of looks with that! May just keep the idle screw out where it won't interfere with the slide from hitting the bottom! I don't know

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
There should be a slot in the slide that goes over a pin in the carb which keeps the slide from rotating.... Never heard it said before, but it's not impossible that the pin is missing....

Nican

Apr 6, 2013
Texas
So I looked closely the pin (I guess decide to go on vacation ) had left the building ,so I took as a temp a nail that fit snugly in the hole ,no leaks,no spinning ! No need to spend when it can be fixed! I went for a morning ride not 1 problem now if this work thing wasn't in the way I would go riding,lol.

Nican

Apr 6, 2013
Texas
It's a temp fix jb's does well in this dept. later on the replacement will show up and no worries.
Kil switch and choke it does well had to do that when it happen the first time.