Trouble removing large clutch sprocket

GoldenMotor.com

geoldr

Jun 19, 2011
California
hello all, I received a replacement clutch sprocket, the big one that holds the clutch pucks. I am trying to replace it. I got the small gear off with ease, but now I am stuck on removing the large one. How do I do it? Any picture would be nice. I screwed the clutch remover into the center hole using the big side. Then after doing the same procedure as with the smaller gear, it just pops off. Can't get it off been trying for 3 days now.

geoldr

Jun 19, 2011
California
Well I figured it out. The clutch gear actually had the interrior threads stripped, so the gear remover wouldnt work. So I just gently pried it out with a screwdriver. Worked just fine. Put in the new gear, and new clutch pucks and its good to go.

Mozenrath

Jan 13, 2011
California
Do you remember what sized wrench you used to get the center nut out of the large clutch gear? I may have to remove my clutch soon, but I don't have a wrench or wrench socket that fits the nut.

geoldr

Jun 19, 2011
California
Yes I am still using the cent. clutch. And no, on the new piece the pucks are not shorter. You have to grind them down yourself.
After griding them down on my first piece, it started giving me problems. So I decided to replace it with this new one with regular sized pucks, and just modify the cover, so that it doesn't interfere with the pucks.

wan37

May 29, 2011
Illinois
well I thought they would be shorter because you bought it from bgf there engine kits come with them shorter no need to grind them.Just wanting to know because I also have a grubee and I had to grind them down too.Thanks