Chain keeps comming off

GoldenMotor.com

Felix

Mar 26, 2012
Texas, USA.
My bike is ready for its first start, have everthinng in place. Only problem is the chain keeps comming off the tensioner. The chain is stright and lined uped. Gave about a 3/4" play and seems to move smooth. Fall's off with light peddling. Ive been reading the threads on this but dont know how to fix this. I would like to remove the tensioner all together. Or other fixes? .crt.

rjs467

Feb 5, 2012
Windsor, Ontario
Is the tensioner support-plate level and straight in-line to the motor sprocket? I took a large set of vise-grips with me for the first run, and bent the support plate to suit the chain 3 times. All is well now!

Hoze513

Nov 24, 2011
Joliet, illinois
My bike is ready for its first start, have everthinng in place. Only problem is the chain keeps comming off the tensioner. The chain is stright and lined uped. Gave about a 3/4" play and seems to move smooth. Fall's off with light peddling. Ive been reading the threads on this but dont know how to fix this. I would like to remove the tensioner all together. Or other fixes? .crt.
Venice motor bikes has some type of shim. So you don't have to use you tensioner.