Looking for cent. clutch w/pull start

GoldenMotor.com

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Ive been looking for a cent. clutch w/ pullstart for one of My bikes, anyone know who has some in stock ?

Drewd

Jul 25, 2008
Colorado
Don't waste your money on the pull start, the old rope and new metal wire pull starts all fail after several uses. The centrifugal clutch, on the other hand, is very reliable and worth every penny.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Don't waste your money on the pull start, the old rope and new metal wire pull starts all fail after several uses. The centrifugal clutch, on the other hand, is very reliable and worth every penny.
I fully agree with your opinion about the centrifugal clutch.
All my builds have a centrifugal clutch installed on them.

mesmith

Jun 30, 2011
United States
Pirate Cycles has c. clutch for $30.00, and $5.00 shipping and handling. It will come from bgf for some reason, but you'll save 10 or 12 bucks, I just did this last week. brnot

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
Pirate Cycles has c. clutch for $30.00, and $5.00 shipping and handling. It will come from bgf for some reason, but you'll save 10 or 12 bucks, I just did this last week. brnot
I just tried to order some from Pirate Cycles and got this message:
The Centrifugal Clutch is not currently available. Please contact us for availability of this item.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
how do you start a centrifugal clutch motor without a pullstart?
The centrifugal clutch has a built in sprag (one way bearing) that allows you to start the engine the way you normally do by pedaling and dropping the clutch.

mesmith

Jun 30, 2011
United States
I just tried to order some from Pirate Cycles and got this message:
The Centrifugal Clutch is not currently available. Please contact us for availability of this item.
That's strange, just last sunday I ordered one from Pirate Cycles, then on wednesday I recieved one from bgf?????