CNS+MM Intake= Holy $@*# (Wait did I just get bleeped)

GoldenMotor.com

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego
So for anyone who blasts the CNS carb. YOUR LAZY!!! Yeah sorry your lazy. You want something that's plug and play, and no tuning involved.Sorry bub not going to happen with your bike. Pair the CNS to a MM Billet Intake and ditch the spacer and you got one helluva fast ride. I got a CNS and spent days tuning it. After almost killing it and chucking it into San Diego Bay I got it dialed in with some help from an experiened mechcanic from Surf Mule. Rob got it dialed in and I mated it with MM"s CNS Billit Intake and this puppy screams now. Adjust the float and the needle and your set. Shut it and quit B*t¢hing and start wrenching. You will not be disapointed.

-Hawaii

decoherence

Aug 23, 2010
sebring,fl
i was going to keep it a secret till i was done.
unfortunately i'm unemployed & i need a new filter, machine drill bits, & a couple other things .
so i will just say my plan.
i have been going through my spare cns, do some alterations, & going to polish the whole thing.
then i will call the project " you can polish a turd."

The_Aleman

Jul 31, 2008
el People's Republik de Kalifornistan
It's not that they're lazy. It's just that bolting a chinagirl and ragjoint on a bicycle is a lot easier for the average (younger) DIY guy than tuning a carburetor!

Carb tuning is practically a lost art these days lol

So for anyone who blasts the CNS carb. YOUR LAZY!!! Yeah sorry your lazy. You want something that's plug and play, and no tuning involved.Sorry bub not going to happen with your bike. Pair the CNS to a MM Billet Intake and ditch the spacer and you got one helluva fast ride. I got a CNS and spent days tuning it. After almost killing it and chucking it into San Diego Bay I got it dialed in with some help from an experiened mechcanic from Surf Mule. Rob got it dialed in and I mated it with MM"s CNS Billit Intake and this puppy screams now. Adjust the float and the needle and your set. Shut it and quit B*t¢hing and start wrenching. You will not be disapointed.

-Hawaii

hawaii_87

San Diego's Master Ride Organizer
May 17, 2011
San Diego
Yeah it is true. I had a lot of issues with it but so worth it. My motor with me on being a steel frame with a tool pouch and battery pack on the bars can pull the from wheel off the ground now. It is still partially laziness also because instead of trying they toss it or sell it off and revert to the "old" carb. I had to get help. Dont be afraid to reach out and ask.

-Hawaii

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
I had the same expreience. CNS carb, bike ran like crap. Seeking advice I see "ditch it and buy an NT Speed Carb". I'm thinking, NONSENSE! Spend the time to tune this CNS carb I have here! So I did, and my bike runs great! I made a rather long post about all the stuff I went through to get her running at the time. I am real happy with the way my CNS carb is performing now!
Maybe the "Speed" in the other carb name refers to the time it takes to get it running? LOL It does seem like that other carb is a more bolt on and ride off kind of deal, but I am pretty sure when my bike is broken in my CNS carb will out perform the Speed carb...

Last edited: