Silverbear is in the hospital.

GoldenMotor.com

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
So sad to here this prayers have been said and will continue for a speedy recovery. Lets pray that you will be better then before...........Curt

KnockKnock

Sep 10, 2013
CenTex
I don't know SB too well, but I always imagined his personality to be a wiser version of Baloo (the one with the bear-necessities); a warm and contented bear, and it almost seems I can "hear" a little grin as he tells his wonderfully entertaining stories. I look forward to reading more of these adventures through life's jungle, and I too will be praying for the comfort of SilverBear as he recovers. Get well soon SilverBear!

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
So sorry to read this. You really are one of the incredibly good guys, SB. Please feel better soonest!

Steve, thank you so much for letting us know. This must be incredibly hard on you. Is always a warm thought picturing you 3 sitting around a campfire (Annamush included)((SP)) brainstorming.

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Well, you guys have pretty much said it all when it comes to SB. As some of you know for several years he "wintered" about 10 miles from me and we spent many hours in my shop and riding through the countryside when it got above 40 degrees. There are many stories to tell, but now is not the time, so let's just hope for a quick recovery.

Thanks to Steve for the updates and if I get any new information I will pass it on.

Dan

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
Get better silverbear, we've got a lot more bikes to build and can't do it as well without you. Just having you around is a blessing to us all.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I haven't heard anything today about how Silverbear is doing. I would imagine that he is resting up and wondering what he is missing on the forum and dreaming about motorbikes at bike camp this summer.

He may be having another stent put in tomorrow and I'll let you know what I hear, if anything.

The problem for everyone in the family and friends who live near him is that he is about 100 miles from where he lives and 10 hours from his brother and sister in law in Iowa.

The weather conditions don't always make for an easy drive and tonight it will be -38 with temperatures during the day of -15. Towards the end of the week it will be in the mid 20's and then maybe someone can make the trip and see him.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Just got some information from Silverbears brother.

He is going in Tuesday to have another stent put in an artery and they were going to release him on Wednesday then I got another message that they were giving him medicine because his heart was speeding up but he was going to have the stent put in on Tuesday just the same. His brother said that things are looking good for the Silverbear.

Steve.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Thanks for keeping us informed Steve. Any news you have please feel free to share. There are a lot of us concerned members who know and respect that gentleman and we want to know how things are progressing.

Tom

itchybird

Nov 4, 2009
SF Bay Area.
Hey Silverbear,

Real sorry to hear your in the shop for some work in the first week of the new year. Hopefully, they'll have you tuned up and running better in no time. Hoping for a speedy recovery for you!

All the best brother...

Rich