Silverbear is in the hospital.

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I just received a email from Silverbear's friends and neighbours that he had a heart attack this morning. He was taken to the local hospital in Ely and then to the Duluth hospital.

It seems that it is a very serious one and he probably won't be home for a few months. I'll keep everyone posted as soon as I hear what happened.

Steve.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
I just received a email from Silverbear's friends and neighbours that he had a heart attack this morning. He was taken to the local hospital in Ely and then to the Duluth hospital.

It seems that it is a very serious one and he probably won't be home for a few months. I'll keep everyone posted as soon as I hear what happened.

Steve.
That sucks bigtime! My prayers will be with him.

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
This is really bad news. Please keep us posted. Your in our prayers, Silverbear.
Your friend,
Pat

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Steve, please send along our sincere concerns and hopes for an early recovery. That from the members and staff of the forum. Silverbear is one of our all time favorites and he deserves better than this.
Keep us informed, please.

Tom

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Just heard from Silverbear's brother and he was transported to the Duluth hospital by ambulance do to high winds and snow and when his brother contacted the hospital he was having a procedure done and they couldn't give him any information on his condition.

He'll update me as soon as he has information and I'll post it here.

Steve.

buba

Jul 2, 2010
los angeles
f*** that is the worst news of the new year

please send my concentrated best energy and support to silverbear who has been so generous and loving

d*** it

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Tom,

As soon as I find out how Walter is doing I'll ask if our friends who took him up to the hospital in Ely are going to go and see him. I'll ask them to pass on the concerns of the forum members and see if they can print out this thread so he can see it. Maybe they can take their lap top if he is feeling well enough to use it.

They are about a 100 miles away and his brother and sister in law are ten hours away, near Sioux City Iowa.

This has dumbfounded me since Silverbear was one of those people who was food and health conscious and kept up a healthy life style.

Steve.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I.W.

He has not been well for some time saying it was the bronchitis he had but it was going on far to long for that. He was at the clinic a few times and they never caught what it might be.
He is very much worried about bothering people so I'm sure he was not calling the doctor as much as he should have hoping it would pass.

Steve.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Silverbear had been on my mind lately, too. I had noticed that he didn't seem to be posting a lot. I had figured that maybe it's just more difficult to get a decent signal in winter. Then just the other day I saw a new post from him and thought, "Okay. All's back to normal".

Now this. Worrisome on it's own. Plus the fact that he's a good guy.

I've always been charmed by his lifestyle; living amongst those evergreens I've seen in photos and giving his dog bike rides. I could live like that. But as long as I'm not able, then I'm pleased to have some sort of association with someone who can.

So best wishes Silverbear for a speedy recovery. The place won't be quite the same 'till you get back.

Last edited:

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
I am so sorry to hear this....a horrible way to start a new year. Silverbear must overcome this and he will be in my prayers and many others. He has lived through lightening and has many more miles to go.....he's not finished with his builds yet. Nor has he out grown his love for two-wheels.....or three!

Come on silverbear....let's ride!