Lifan 2.8 adjusting the govenor and making more power?

GoldenMotor.com

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Can anyone tell me how to adjust the carb /linkage/govenor to get a little more kick out of it?

Haven't had time to look at it, and didn't know if anyone here is familiar with it.

Thanks in advance.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
O.K., I got it done. It will rev to the moon, just has no low end torque. Guess I am expecting too much from it as far as low end goes.

Bikeguy Joe

Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Sorry for the mis-information. I don't know what it is now. It's a 2.8 hp upright side valve of 97cc. It's from one of those Baja "Doodle Bug/Dirt Bug" minibikes.

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Cool yeah I have one (PowerPro) of those but haven't messed w/ it other than fitting it to the frame. Lookin forward to running it.

Their torque curve is all up (same w/ the HF). As the motor builds up velocity the torque/hp goes up even beyond rated amt!

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Make any progress Joe? I sure can't wait to hear mine sing! just a little on the back burner fortunately/unfortunately!

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Yeah, you'll get a lot more top by tending to the bottom!

I'll keep you posted as I make progress on mine; it is going into a Worksman frame w/ an OpenDrive 7sp JackShifter w/ dual drum brakes 'r maybe front disc never know till it's done.

This build is for a VIP and long time supporter of FireBelly Cycles. So I've been looking forward to getting back on it! He road my Harbor Freight 2 speed today and was amazed.

I'm really liking the "slow" motors now that I'm learning how to "drive" them!

As always Joe le'me know if I can Help!