Huasheng vs Honda?

GoldenMotor.com

thatsdax

Feb 22, 2008
www.thatsdax.com
The Titan is a Huasheng Spec Motor made for DAX. It is better for several Reasons. The Main reason Titan is better is because of the Additional oiling added to critical areas for usage at higher RPM's. Other motors do not have these additional oiling adds. These advancements come from years of Testing and Usage world wide. Years.. Also.. The SH factory listens and makes these mods to improve this Titan Engine. We at DAX have been in Business for almost 30 years now. ok... That is an exageration, we have been in Business for 29 years this Fall. I was reaching ... But... I have been building and working with motors both Electric and internal Combustion for well over 40 years. I have a BS Degree in Electronics Engineering from Metro State College Denver. That is my Electrical side oozing out. I do have some College work in Mechanical Engineering as well. Required for the BSEET Degree. Working on my Masters at Denver University has been slow....... I teach Part time at the Local College in Littleton. I worked at Martin for a while on Peace Keeper Stage 4 so that means I have some experience with Missles "Stage IV" and their Engines as well. No kidding. I miss Ronnie..I think that Martin Hired me Because I was Military and worked Pershing Nuclear Missles in Europe, 14 years Total Military, also I am an International High Power Weapons Champion. That is another Life and I digress.. That is a little background on me that I have not elaborated on before. Gosh.. Am I really that old? Where did the years go? I can tell you this. The more I learn, the more I realize what I do not know. One thing I do know and is current, these Titan motors are tops !! Perfect? nope.. Darn good.. O yes Better than the Rest !! DAX... Engineering that just makes Cents !! Enjoy the ride...

Last edited:

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
For the length of time either engine will last, both are well worth the money. The thing I prefer the Honda for is having ridden many HS engines, some have a minor and slight mid range slump. Not every one I have rode, but a few. So I opt for the Honda. But either will serve you well for a very long time. Just MHO

Side note, test rode the whisper drive for days in rain, snow and ice cold conditions. Slippage was never a problem. Nor was any thing being sucked into the works but when released, will have an enclosed & clear top. Then again, they all make the back wheel turn and you will enjoy which ever you decide on.

All about the fun

Hi Dan,

Sorry but I found exactly the opposite between the Honda & HS motors. All the Hondas I have tested had a dead spot right above 1/3 throttle whereas the HS was smooth. When I removed & replaced the Honda carburetor with the HS version the Honda ran much smoother. I guess you already know the HS has a higher top end speed than the Honda and can be traced directly to the main jet. The HS carburetor has a larger main jet.

I will include a few early pictures of the real "Honda Beater". Please notice the 18 MM carburetor and the special high speed tuned exhaust system. Motor will exceed 9000 RPMs and waiting for a challenge.

Thrilled you guys are covering your drive system, and I hope it includes the spinning clutch [safety issues].

Have fun,

Attachments

so just out of curiosity
honda vs china with q-matic
how much hp meets the pavement according to the dynos

and when i said i know they are not cheap i didnt mean that they were expensive
it was just my way of saying that they are of good quality
im just not a fan of the cosmetics is all

is there a webiste where we are able to order ezm products at
i have searched
and found none
Hi Jared8783,

Our company website wasn't originally setup to market products, mainly to list the dealers in each area.
However we receive calls almost daily about additional information, therefore we will alter the format and provide answers to the majority of questions.

The amount of power that reaches the ground varies with ratios, and on most of the tests we used speed as the base. The majority of the tests were conducted to find which ratios would keep the bike under 30 MPH without over revving the motor. A few of the tests monitored possible top speeds so that we could compare the HS and Honda to other power plants. The best tests indicated about a 5% loss in the drive system.

Hope this answers your questions, if not ask more.

Have fun,

Last edited:

jared8783

May 13, 2009
Elkhart, IN
so honda VS hs with an identical ratio (preferebly a common one) how much torque and hp exactly met the pavement?
I am just interested in some raw data to compare the 2 engines with

Last edited:
Hi Jarred8783,

The HS produced 2.05 ft pounds of torque at 4700 RPMs and the Honda produced 2.15 ft pounds at 4500. The HP of the Honda exceeded 2.25 HP, and the HS was at 1.96 HP. The HP was checked at 7000 RPMs on both motors.

The numbers were taken from the crankshaft, and we didn't record the torque or HP at the wheel. During a set of tests in TX and NC we did compare the transfer loss and it was below 5%. However the transfer loss ratio won't be accurate when actually riding the bike because of weight & wind resistance.

Have fun,

Last edited:

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
Hi Jarred8783,

The HS produced 2.05 ft pounds of torque at 4700 RPMs and the Honda produced 2.15 ft pounds at 4500. The HP of the Honda exceeded 2.25 HP, and the HS was at 1.96 HP. The HP was checked at 7000 RPMs on both motors.

The numbers were taken from the crankshaft, and we didn't record the torque or HP at the wheel. During a set of tests in TX and NC we did compare the transfer loss and it was below 5%. However the transfer loss ratio won't be accurate when actually riding the bike because of weight & wind resistance.

Have fun,
Sweet! Lookin forward to firing up th' WaShingMachine (HuaSheng). Both (Honda/HuaSheng) of these motors are going to prove to be excellent powerplants for upcoming paradigms of our work!

dnut

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
The Titan is an excellent motor once you get it dialed in..........I have a honda and it is more POWERFUL. The titan is powererful and has 90% of the honda performance, you get what you pay for. The Titan is a great motor and I will be buying another from my experience with the titan. The honda is the best you can get in motors of 49ccs for bicycles but to save a few bucks the Titan is it!