bike won't start

GoldenMotor.com

hawaiicruiser

Oct 19, 2009
Hawaii
Ok so I have an 80cc on my Schwinn and it was running fine so I decided to make some changes. Added a new fuel line and in line filter. Ran good for a few weeks then I could not get the thing to start. I took the inline filter off and put the stock one back in the tank and it started and ran but I let it sit over night and I'm back in the same spot. I have spark but it seems the fuel will not flow through the carb. It starts if I prime with the little push button till fuel pumps out the back of the carb but as soon as that fuel burns off it dies. I took the carb apart and cleaned it( it wasn't dirty) but that didn't help.

If I pull the air filter off and look in there no fuel comes out of the jet when I crank the throttle open. Not sure if this is the problem.

When I pull the fuel line off it flows quite nice but hook it to the carb and not flow.

Any thoughts? I have tried everything I can think of.

stv1jzgte

Feb 11, 2009
australia
Sounds like the carb is blocked somewhere very common disassemble and try again, that filter in the tank is crap chuck it and reinstall the inline filter. Also what fuel/oil ratio are you using?

hawaiicruiser

Oct 19, 2009
Hawaii
I would get a new carb but I'm a little cheap and hate to pay for shipping to Hawaii. Think I may have to break down and get a new one.

I'm running around 20:1