We can stop calling it 80cc

GoldenMotor.com

GraingerDoodTim

Jun 20, 2009
Saint Petersburg, Fla
i dont think we should expect anything more from bike motor dealers than we should from any retail outfit. at least none of them have resorted to selling us on the lack of trans fats, or the newest motor with 50% less h1n1. anyway who cares? as long as we all get the same thing they can call it whatever they want. we are all just trying to make a buck.

skipu

Aug 6, 2008
New jersey
For some reason I've been seeing vendors say that an 80cc engine doesn't exist (which many of us already know), but they continue to market it as an 80cc anyway; this has been going on for a while. I assume that most on the board here know this. Some have stated that the Chinese factories used to market the engines as 80cc, not as 66cc. Do the factories still do this?

If almost everyone knows that no 80cc exists, why keep calling it that? It's a deceptive practice to new people to the hobby. 66cc has been established as fact for a long time; we can stop calling the larger engines 80cc.
because they are ahhh stupid i hate that too maybe they get some sales due too that thats all they really care about i think ( it sure isnt performance lol!!!) but when people recieve there so called 80 and its not it :-||would be dissapointing no ? just my opinion

skipu

Aug 6, 2008
New jersey
I just figured that a 66cc is equivalant to a 80cc on a light bicycle frame.
top speed maybe low end grunt none trick is get the 66 to rev to the moon without sacrificing too much bottom end i hate pedaling thats what the motor is for i dont want it to just help me i want it to do everything lol!!!!! IM LAZY .wee.