Where do I find the tall head nuts?

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'm assuming you're talking about cylinder head fasteners on a Chinese 2 stroke?

Standard hex nuts will work but I prefer what is called, 'flanged or shouldered' nuts. They have them in smooth or with locking teeth. I buy mine at Ace Hardware. Look in their metric fastener section.
Just make sure to use a torque wrench when installing the head. 120 to 140 inch pounds.

Tom

Last edited:

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
What 2 Door said... but if you can't find then locally, crmachine.com , Fred will most likely sell you a set of the ones he makes if you call him.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
I see them on some motors coming in for repair - about twice the height of usual - don't know what kits they're on tho. I doubt they'd ever give the binding problem.

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I don't know what they're specifically called, I just know they're m8 1.25 nuts
Here ya go

$10 shipped to your door for a full set.

If your have a GT5 engine like a Grube like Gasbike.net sells, Kingmotorbikes or Piston bikes these may not be the correct thread, but if you have a PK-80 type engine these should fix you right up.

I'm assuming you are looking for this tall of a nut like is used on some of the aftermarket heads.

Yes Fred is a choice and also this seller has them.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/MOTORIZED-B...994?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item418bd7195a

Last edited:

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
My local Ace sells them. "Coupler nuts" in various sizes. Some stores even have them with the nice dome heads like the ones that come with a Fredhead.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
those ebay ones aren't what I'm seeing on some bikes - I sometimes see them with threaded portions that long, but also have nice acorn tops