Cam timing in Lifan 97cc ?

GoldenMotor.com

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Ok. This forum if for the comon good and as such its best to post up our triumphs and failures so that all may learn. We are about to learn once again from MY mistakes... SOOO ... I wanted to remove the govener from my new used Lifan 2.5 horse. I DID manage to remove the govener but in the process of removing the engine side cover the cam came out with it and fell on the bench. :-|| This means I have NO way of knowing how to put it back where it was... You know; proper orentation and all that. Little help? OH! And the gasket was or became torn so I need an new one O them too. Direction on that part? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

agk

Oct 2, 2010
Santa Barbara CA
Ok. This forum if for the comon good and as such its best to post up our triumphs and failures so that all may learn. We are about to learn once again from MY mistakes... SOOO ... I wanted to remove the govener from my new used Lifan 2.5 horse. I DID manage to remove the govener but in the process of removing the engine side cover the cam came out with it and fell on the bench. :-|| This means I have NO way of knowing how to put it back where it was... You know; proper orentation and all that. Little help? OH! And the gasket was or became torn so I need an new one O them too. Direction on that part? Thanks in advance.
The cam gear and crank gear have timing marks on them. Usually the mark is a small dimple punched into the gear. Line up the marks and you are good to go.

We have the side cover gaskets on our site. You can probably order the gasket from HF as well.

agk

Oct 2, 2010
Santa Barbara CA
Im sorry I thought you were talking about the 79cc Greyhound. Looking back I see it's the 97cc Lifan. Your engine should still have the timing marks I mentioned. Contact www.carrollstream.com for the side cover gasket. If they can't help you we can get some.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
That you Shane? Thanks! I looked for marks and there are some very obvious ones on the cam but not the crank sproket. I'll go out now and double check. Stand by.

Velodrome

May 27, 2011
Phoenix-ish
Darn you Moto! Helping me spend my money again. I hope that carb is legit and tested cuz I just ordered one. and a few other bits. Thanks for the link! Now. Bout the cam. This looks good to go for everybody?