212cc Predator Parts list

GoldenMotor.com

Predator303

Apr 26, 2012
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Hello guys.

I have been reading a couple hours about that engine and got a few questions. I have been reading in the forum and other places and got some questions answered, but it would be great to make sure that I got everything right. I'm using a 34t sprocket and would even go lower for more high speed.

- What parts do I actually need to get it running on a bike? I know I probably need to weld a mount but beside the mount, what do I need? (Links to ebay etc would be GREAT)

I know about the Torque Converter and was reading it takes lots of the engine power. If I understood it right, it works like a automatic clutch or centrifugal clutch engaging at 2.300 rpm more or less. Which brings me to my next question:

- Is there anything I can buy to use it as manual clutch?

- How much power does it actually have without any tuning parts (compared to a 66cc China POS) and how much high speed is average with this engine? It seemed to me 50mph are easily done.

- What kind of clutch or whatever it is is this one?

http://motorbicycling.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=45916&d=1331691936

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=37697

I know I wanted to know more but I forgot it right now :)

Thanks for everyone helping to get a better idea of this engine.

Last edited:

professor

Oct 14, 2009
Buffalo ny area
the 212 has a tad over 9 hp when the exhaust is opened up (not using stock muff) , the intake breathing free (I don't know if the stock aircleaner actually is a restriction) and the main jet opened up (mine is 34 thousandths now and works well).

These big engines do not rev high, so you either do not go fast and have good acceleration up to 30- 35 mph with one gear or you need a variable ratio of some sort.

My 2 cents is, if you want to go motorcyle speed- get a motorcycle. Everything is better on a motorcycle- by design.

Bicycles are designed to go bike speed. I cruise at 20 mph or so with flat out (occasionally) at 30. I have good brakes.

One more thing- the big 4 stroke vibrates like crazy, mine is now totally rubber suspended and is tolerable. The smaller HF motor vibrates MUCH less and doesn't require rubber mounts.