Need help with engine vibration

GoldenMotor.com

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Better pictures of the actual mount would help. As for height, I don't think that makes any difference..I mounted them both low and high. The frame looks stout enough, I had a frame that I replaced and the vibration went from a 10, down to a 2-3. Most important is the engine mounts to the frame. I never use pads between the engine mounts and tube. I MAKE sure that the engine mounts either fit correctly or I fabricate a front mount. The only mount I have used that did not need a fabricated front mount was a Chopper. I bought the ready made offset mount and the tubes were at a perfect 75 degree angle.

The actual mount looks good, but is the engine mounted WITHOUT any gaps. If so here are a few mounting ideas.

Engine Mounting pictures by Ron-Becker - Photobucket

Then again, no matter how the engine is mounted, the engine itself might be out of balance internally.

msrfan

Sep 17, 2010
Southern California
I've had 2 in a row from bgf that vibrated badly. I just had to either live with it or balance it. After bolting on a head stay for triangulation and having perfect fitting engine mounts with no results, I chose to balance the crank. That fixxed the problem. I posted a thread showing how to do it without disassembling the crank. Another forum member used my method and eliminated his bad vibrations. You have a beautiful bike. Good luck.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Could someone tell me what kinda mount your using ? Haven't seen nothing like it before, looks really good. Could someone post a link to where I can find one.
There are a few different types of mounts, for different bikes, for different engines... What are you looking for. All my mounts have been for the HT engines... From a mountain, cruiser, West Coast choppers, and East Coast choppers..... What are you looking for?

satoch

Jun 2, 2011
Chicago
People keep mentioning the motor mounts as a solution to the vibration. I'm far more inclined to believe the problem is that the crank is not balanced. That's the first thing I do with any of my new engines of any type.