what are my options for upgrading rear 700mm rim?

GoldenMotor.com

jwpowell19

Dec 15, 2012
Sarasota FL
Hi all , I keep breaking spokes on my rear 700mm rim with 14 game spokes. I would really like to upgrade to a double walled 700mm rear rim with 12 game spokes. I do not have a.coaster brake. The local shop said they do not make 12 gauge spokes for a 700mm rear rim. Can anyone point me in the right direction ??? I would like to find a "plug and play" solution where.I can just swap my tube and tire over to the new heavy duty rim and.ride. any help is very appreciated as I am new to this hobby and this is my.only form of transportation

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Re: what are my options for uograding rear 700mm rim?

I would ask how many spokes in your rear wheel? 32 or 36? If it is 32, you definitely would be better off with a 36 spoke hub or 12 gauge spokes with a 32 spoke hub.

I don't think the electric hub motor spokes would work on a regular bicycle hub since the flanges on the bicycle hub are shorter than an electric hub. The electric hub motor spokes would be too short. The ones from JensonUsa are a better quality and you have a better selection to match your requirements.

Good Luck,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue