Help? Are the 35cc clutch bolts same size as the gx50?

GoldenMotor.com

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
I think the 50 has 3 clutch shoes and the 76-78mm clutches have 2. I have a robin 35 and need a clutch bolt fix here and will call Honda dealers if these are the same as moped's with 50's on them. I might get lucky if they are the same size.

Perhaps instead of a proper fix you may have a bolt size with bushing perhaps from hardware store? These are shoulder bolts.

Any thoughts on this would be awesome.
I will order a few pairs from staton regardless.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I think the 50 has 3 clutch shoes and the 76-78mm clutches have 2. I have a robin 35 and need a clutch bolt fix here and will call Honda dealers if these are the same as moped's with 50's on them. I might get lucky if they are the same size..
The GXH 50 Honda doesn't have any clutch shoes. They are 5/8" shaft output.
You must mean the Honda GX 35cc?

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
Thanks for looking at the post. Sounds pretty easy when said like that. A Honda small engine parts dealer did not have one and a certified ECHO chainsaw dealer did not have one. They are not regular bolts. They have a very fat shaft.

The question still remains.. Are the 50cc clutch bolts the same as the 35cc ones?

i would just go to the hardware store and get one

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
Yes, I thought the 50cc had a clutch. Must be an aftermarket add on kit or something than. Since the bolts I need have a fat shaft and regular bolt wiggles the clutch shoes, I am dead in the water here I think. I will try Johnny's idea next at the hardware store I think. Might just tear apart an old goped for the stuff as well.

The GXH 50 Honda doesn't have any clutch shoes. They are 5/8" shaft output.
You must mean the Honda GX 35cc?

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Yes, I thought the 50cc had a clutch. Must be an aftermarket add on kit or something than. Since the bolts I need have a fat shaft and regular bolt wiggles the clutch shoes, I am dead in the water here I think. I will try Johnny's idea next at the hardware store I think. Might just tear apart an old goped for the stuff as well.
Try a lawn mower repair shop. They will have them or can order them.

I am pretty sure that the Honda GX 31 and the GX 35 use the same bolts
and shoes as the Robin Subaru.

A hardware store will not have those specialized bolts.

BigBlue

Nov 29, 2011
California
Those are called shoulder bolts and you should be able to order them from a small engine/mower repair shop. I doubt anyone would have them in stock.

Staton places this warning:
Note: The shoulder bolts and washer fit the Robin Subaru engine ONLY, not the Honda GX35.

Good Luck,

Chris
AKA: BigBlue

Roadkill

Feb 14, 2009
Roadkill, USA
lol, I bought some 8mm bolts and some compression fittings. Interesting that the Robin bolts should be any different!
Will call on Monday or just cripple the GEBE and use the GX35 on the Staton I got. lol

Thanks for all the guidance. Thought there could have been something I was missing. A friend down the street had 1 shoulder bolt.. Fit fine. One is a lonely number.. GOTTA snap some pix of my GEBE before I pull engine.

Staton places this warning:
Note: The shoulder bolts and washer fit the Robin Subaru engine ONLY, not the Honda GX35.