Schwinn Stingray first time build

GoldenMotor.com

norton220

Jul 1, 2011
Canada
Hey guys, i'm new here at the forum so i would appreciate some help if you guys/gals wouldn't mind. I recently acquired a Schwinn Stingray chopper in excellent condition, got it for nothing, and i was looking to put a motor kit on it but my budget is real tight, and i cant see putting out $200 for a motor and such, so my question really is this, could i take parts and sprockets from my pocket quad and try to rig them up so it will work? It is a complete quad, running and everything, and i was thinking maybe to cut the motor plate out of the quad and somehow bolt it onto the bike, and also to just use the same driveline. My first problem i can see is that the rear sprocket on the quad is a 1" center hole, and the hub on the shwinn is at 1.4" or so if i measured correctly, so i was wondering if i should take it to my buddy's machine shop and center it out and bore the hole out, or if i should maybe just purchase the rear sprocket and spacers from online, if you can get them. As well, what size chain do the bike kits use, because all i have is 2 pocket bike chains and i was just gonna put them together and see if its long enough, or maybe go to my local chain shop and grab one new length. This looks like it might be a challenging first time build, so please let me know what you guys think and maybe any tips, or things to look for on this build would be much appreciated. Thanks so much for your time, -Tyler.