Replacement Spring for chain guide... AKA SO MANY SPRINGS!!

GoldenMotor.com

Bohemian_Lady

Feb 7, 2013
Hawaii
Okay guys I know I need and extension spring roughly an inch and a half long... After that I have no Fing idea what I'm looking at. This spring looks right, but it can only with stand 8lb of pressure. Is that enough? It seems like it should be but I have no idea... am I going to have to buy it and hope for the best?

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
if you mean the chain tensioner, I'd recommend going back to the standard unsprung version - one needs to learn how to use it properly, but it seems the best for the job

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
if you mean the chain tensioner, I'd recommend going back to the standard unsprung version - one needs to learn how to use it properly, but it seems the best for the job
I concur. The best choice is to go without a tensioner completely, if at all possible, but if you must use one, use a rigid mount. Spring tensioners allow slack when you least want or need it. They are only a band-aid for poor sprocket/chain alignment and tension.

Tom

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
I've used springs from a small exercise trampoline for this with good results.
I however, agree with 2door that building it withOUT a tensioner is by far the best route.

Rudz

Jun 24, 2014
Tyler TX
Th only spring tensioner I'd use is the turbobuick style in eBay. I tried another style, waste of money and time.

I ended up using the stock tensioner and just check it everyday