My First Build

GoldenMotor.com

danco

Apr 2, 2009
Vermont
Hi all-

I'm new to the site and have been bitten bad by the MB bug! My fiance is against motorcycles (bad family member accident) but gave me the go ahead for a MB. For my first build, I have decided to go with an 80cc slant head from zoombicycles.com on my specialized hardrock comp. Any opinions about this kit?

Zoombicycles Motor Bicycle Gas Engine Kits FREE SHIPPING - Jet Stealth 80cc Gas Bicycle Engine Kit | 1-Bicycle Engine Kits | RuiHong Enterprises Ltd.

First off, does anyone have experience with these new 80cc slant heads? From what I've read, they are new to the 80cc, but I'd like to hear opinions. I'm looking for speed over torque, because there aren't many hills near me. Any recommendations for sprocket size? i was thinking 40 or 44, am I far off?

Second, I have attached a pic of my bike. The frame is VERY solid, but the downtube is square. Any ideas for mounting the motor, besides drilling? I'd rather not kill the integrity of the frame. I can get actual dimensions of the tube if needed. Thanks for ideas, thoughts, and input!

-Dan

Last edited:

danco

Apr 2, 2009
Vermont
Thanks for the reply-

The photo is stock of a small frame, but mine is an XL. I have measured and there is plenty of room in the frame. I should have mentioned that before.

OzzyU812

May 15, 2008
"the bog" NH
Use this as jumping off point http://motorbicycling.com/f30/motorized-bicycle-oversized-tubing-solved-307.html

I have seen square U-bolts at hardware store, but that are not as robust as exhaust clamps. I'd double or triple where one exhaust clamp is used.

As to the sprockets, contact Andy at Kings Sales & Service advertised here. I think he has some that bolt on in place of the rear disc brake, for an easy and solid install.