Mounting Suggestions

GoldenMotor.com

Mopedamauter79

Mar 31, 2008
Ottawa
Is there a way to mount these engines to a large frame WITHOUT drilling a hole or using a already drilled hole to secure the engine. The engines simply do not come with brackets that are wide enough to account for the average frame. I have found unless it's a small tubing you have to use the large frame adaptors or grind down the frame so the bolts clear the frame.

Because I have a larger frame I had to have a hole drilled into the middle and have a large frame adaptor attached to original studs and a long bolt going through that into the hole.

I have been checking the bolts and nuts and everything seemed fine it was literally just one day it snapped right where the bolt goes into the engine.

Spunout

MB Builder Extraordinaire
Jul 21, 2008
coventry, RI
blog.360.yahoo.com
oh yes. i take some longer metric bolts and cut the heads off. screw them into the motor and spread them apart. drop motor onto frame, bend them back in and put on the bracket. easy. really easy.
the bolts shown are actually rear mounting bolts, but you get the idea.

Attachments

Last edited:

Mopedamauter79

Mar 31, 2008
Ottawa
It's worth a shot. I'll head over to the hardware store and look into some stuff to get that bolt out. The bolts you use what strength are they ? Just standard ones you get @ the local hardware store ?

Mopedamauter79

Mar 31, 2008
Ottawa
How would I go about getting the snapped stud out of my engine ? I have a tap, Tap wrench and a screw extractor.. I just don't know how to get the initial hole into the bolt.

Mopedamauter79

Mar 31, 2008
Ottawa
The bolt is to far into the engine to reach for cutting. I talked to my buddy and he is gonna try to remove it and make a new mounting system for it so it's nice and snug.