wtb springer front end that will fit a newer schwin stingray

GoldenMotor.com

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
I built a springer for my OCC. It worked out well. With that and my modified standard seat(added springs) it made it a pleasure to ride on even rough roads.

charliechaindrive

Sep 3, 2011
minnesota
Yea its got trippletree internal sprung forks on it but the gooner took all the brakes off it and I think stingrays had funny sized cables (length) and caliper arms

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
The brain fork is great, but a lot of work. The method that I used was much simpler, worked great and it has front brakes. I found it much easier to adapt the existing OCC triple tree fork.

I have since sold the bike but will go back and look for the build pictures/dwgs.

Russell

Apr 19, 2009
MA
Unfortunatly this is the only actually have of the spring fork as I have sold both of my OCC's. I bought a NEW 24" springer for $29. Lined them up with my standard OCC fork marked and cut them.
Then I made a steel sleeve 4-1/2 long and inserted half way inside the new fork and tack welded it. Then inserted the balance of the sleeve into the OCC fork and finished welding. The rubber boot covers the weld joint(slid down for photo).

Attachments

Last edited:

riff44raff

Nov 4, 2010
staton ca
hay guys I cant figure out how to copy the link but try this seller on ebay he only has about 10 things but 2 of them are old springers for ahttp://myworld.ebay.com/*cybersanford*/?_trksid=p4340.l2559bout $50 good luck

charliechaindrive.

Nov 20, 2011
staples mn
well chopper's in new york at the moment and i don't think he remembers his log in but i found him a home made chopper that had home made Springer kinda like the design that Russell had.its got a 16 inch rear wheel and a 26 in the front so its pretty crazy and its blood red. baisicly he just needs a motor at this point