OK HELP. Installed NEW 48cc SkyHawk...

GoldenMotor.com

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Well I guess that's good news! LoL

THIS is an excellent opportunity to get yourself one of those Manic Mechanic clamshell adapters and sprocket for your rear hub.
ALL the information I have reviewed, you WILL suffer from chain problems until that rag joint is replaced with the solid mounting they provide.
...alignment with a rag joint is never lasting because, by nature, it will float around. It also puts most the engine torque to only half the spokes of the rear wheel, loosening them, and causing further alignment problems...

Don't get me wrong... LoL a rag joint is a wonderful option to get a gazillion people 'in the wind' for the lowest bucks possible ! But it's just a cheapo fix, at best.
The firm mechanical drive connection of the clamshell adapter is the next best thing to a purpose-designed rear hub.

Best
rc

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Remember your engine needs to be mounted "rock solid" no movement, if you can move it by pushing or pulling on it engine torque will be ten times stronger. Any looseness will cause the chain to bounce up and down or side to side with the chain coming off. IT IS VERY BAD TO BE ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD WITH A BROKEN CHAIN.
It's even worse to be IN the road after thrown over the handlebars.

his196

Jun 19, 2011
Thousand Oaks, CA
WooHoo! Rode about a mile at 25% throttle today!

Chain is clean, running straight.

Easy re-start after a stop sign stall...BUT...

Then, it started to bog, then bog some more, and even with upping the throttle to finally WOP, it died, and wouldn't re-start.

I noticed that the piston wouldn't even turn over upon attempting a re-start at speed.

It's as if the clutch just said 'no-thanks'.

Where should I begin my investigation?

Carb? or Clutch?

Again, clutch would not engage, and piston would not 'pump' upon attempted re-start.

Thanks again to all, felt great to go a mile or so at 25mph!

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
you may have to adjust the main spring inside the case. you take out the clutch cable holder on the engine case and insert a screw driver in there and push the bike forward with the spark plug out. theres a how to on here some where. since your clutch pressurer is so low even after adjusting the star nut the main spring is the next thing to check.

his196

Jun 19, 2011
Thousand Oaks, CA
Ok, I'm up and running, about 30 MPH. Not much vibe, as I've rubbered every connection.

What I AM getting though, is BOG. At WOT, up hills, and on straight aways, I'm getting....

WAAAAAAAHHHHH, GOOD speed, and then, sometimes, intermittent, "BRRRRHHHHH", and then wide open WAAAAAHHH.

Thoughts anyone?

18:1 mix for break in. Choke OFF.

Thanks!

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
It will get better when you change the fuel ratio, 25 to 1 is a good break in ratio after about two tanks 32 to 1 with the best synthetic oil you can find.