inner threads

GoldenMotor.com

txlixard469

Feb 21, 2011
austin
on my motor mount the threads have stripped and on one side a side wall has broke off i tried to put a metal puddy to make a new wall which failed . I have an idea on how I'm gonna fix it will post pics when I do the repaire but does anyone have any suggestions.

Attachments

Last edited:

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
on my motor mount the threads have stripped and on one side a side wall has broke off i tried to put a metal puddy to make a new wall which failed . I have an idea on how I'm gonna fix it will post pics when I do the repaire but does anyone have any suggestions.
Patching with metal putty is like using Elmer's glue. Won't work. I'd also never use a rubber mount

Take a trip through these pictures.....

Broken mount repair pictures by Ron-Becker - Photobucket

Last edited:

txlixard469

Feb 21, 2011
austin
i've been having the problem since before the rubber was put on it . But now that I've looked at it i can take the rubber off drill a hole in the motor then run a strap and my idea can work alot better thnx .

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
i've been having the problem since before the rubber was put on it . But now that I've looked at it i can take the rubber off drill a hole in the motor then run a strap and my idea can work alot better thnx .
Strap ...highly unworkable. I don't think you could get the strap tight enough to inhibit engine movement...I fabricated a mount and secured with a muffler clamp.

txlixard469

Feb 21, 2011
austin
Well Ron I fixed my problem thnx to you I took a part of one of your mods and went with it . I got a piece of angle iron and drilled 4 holes in it as well as 2 holes in the engine for the angle iron to mount onto. I mounted the angle iron to the motormount that was already on the frame and away I went happier than a kid in a candy store . THANX for your help