What My Wife Found

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I know it's not really a candidate for a motorbike, well not an in-frame anyway, but it is a lovely old bicycle. Here's the story:
My inlaws have several utility sheds where Char's mom and dad store all manner of stuff. From garden tractors to picnic tables, to my motorcycle luggage trailer that I used to haul behind a hot rod. Char was out visiting the other day and her dad was cleaning out one of his sheds. She looked in and saw a bicycle hanging from the rafters and asked about it. Seems her 85 year old mother bought it new in 1983, rode it a couple of times, didn't really like it and hung it up in the shed. It hasn't seen the light of day for 26 years.
It's an American made Huffy, step through and it looks like it just came out of the factory. It has Chrome Sun wheels, stainless spokes, a set of not-too-attractive orange wall tires, that were still holding air if you believe that, and an aftermarket saddle that her mom bought because the original one hurt her butt. Her mom said she would never ride it and asked if Char wanted it.
That pretty old bike is now residing in our garage along with my two MBs and Char's mountain bike. It has a good home and we'll take good care of it. Darn, why did it have to be a girl's bike?
Tom

Attachments

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Tom, Nice Score. Was It You That Posted 67 Yr Old Pic Of Her And Her Bicycle?? Cool Lady. I Liked Sara Palin Leading Parade On Foot. Ron. . ...cvlt1

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Tom, Nice Score. Was It You That Posted 67 Yr Old Pic Of Her And Her Bicycle?? Cool Lady. I Liked Sara Palin Leading Parade On Foot. Ron. . ...cvlt1

Yeah, Ron,
I couldn't find the thread but I did post a pic of my mother-in-law on an old cruiser some time ago.
Thanks for remembering. She is a real cool lady and still fiesty at 85.
Tom

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Tom, It Looks Mighty Good As Is ! Imho. Maybe Two Playing Cards And 2 Clothes Pins. Ha Ha Here Is Pics Of Titan Cvt In Progress. RON ... .. ..cvlt1
Ron,
Looks like it'll be a soft ride with all that suspension working for you. Let us know. Cool build my friend.
Tom

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Back at the first of the month I started this thread with the bike my wife found hanging in her dad's shed. Nice find, but she won't let me touch it...So, now its my turn to be lucky. Yesterday an employee of mine saw my MB pictures in my office and said he had a bike he wanted to get rid of. I asked him what it was and he said, "Some kind of Schwinn, I think." I told him I might be interested since I need another project. He brought it in today in the trunk of his car...A Jaguar. and in nearly perfect condition. Has a flat but that's all that's wrong with it. How much? $40.00...'SOLD!" I said. Now all I have to do is find a way to break the news to Char that there will be another motorbike in the garage. I'll take some pix and keep you posted about what happens when I get home tonight.
Tom

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
just thought i would post about finding cool stuff on the cheap,was in a salvation army store a couple weeks ago and there was a 160cc 5 horse engine sitting on the floor, had good compression,40 bucks, guess where its new home is? now ime looking for a trike, later frank