Noobie over here!

GoldenMotor.com

DKxInsomniac

May 1, 2014
Miami, Fl
Hi I'm Juan,

Happen to see a motorized bicycle the other day, tried to do some research.

I have a Kent La Jolla 26" Cruiser, which I would love to convert to gas powered.

All of this is like Russian to me, would love to get some info, engines type I should buy. What ever other upgrades I would require to be to zip around on my future gas cruiser =D

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. You're the second new member from my old stomping grounds in a week. Maybe the other member was the bike you saw.

Lots to learn and lots to read here to get you on your way. You have many choices to ponder. 2 stroke engine or 4 stroke? Chain drive or friction? Gas or electric?
I'd suggest browsing through the various sub-sections and seeing what appeals to you.
There is also the Search feature that can provide you with pages of information when you type in a keyword.
Good luck with your motorized bicycle project and keep us informed on your progress.

Tom

DKxInsomniac

May 1, 2014
Miami, Fl
Welcome to the forum. You're the second new member from my old stomping grounds in a week. Maybe the other member was the bike you saw.

Lots to learn and lots to read here to get you on your way. You have many choices to ponder. 2 stroke engine or 4 stroke? Chain drive or friction? Gas or electric?
I'd suggest browsing through the various sub-sections and seeing what appeals to you.
There is also the Search feature that can provide you with pages of information when you type in a keyword.
Good luck with your motorized bicycle project and keep us informed on your progress.

Tom
It was a 3-wheel bike hehe, Idk anything about the 2 -4 stroke engine or chain drive, friction. I want it gas =D

greaser_monkey_87

Mar 30, 2014
USA
All of these engines are gas powered except for the electric. They all operate in slightly different ways. Chain drive describes the transmission consisting of a chain and toothed sprockets, and are usually mounted in-frame, but some are mounted on a rack over the rear wheel. Friction drive consists of a roller attached to the engine which turns the rear wheel. A 2 stroke engine mixes oil and gas, while a 4 stroke keeps the oil separate. There are several different types of GAS powered engines which can be mounted to a bicycle and used to propel it. What 2door is saying is to do your research and find out which TYPE of GAS powered engine you want to use on your bike.

DKxInsomniac

May 1, 2014
Miami, Fl
I was researching a bit and cant decide on which engine to get. Ive looked at the Grublee and I think its called fasthawk! Gonna do a bit more research, want to try to have it running before summer!

AssembleThis

May 11, 2014
NC United States
Hi I'm Juan,

I have a Kent La Jolla 26" Cruiser, which I would love to convert to gas powered.

All of this is like Russian to me, would love to get some info, engines type I should buy. What ever other upgrades I would require to be to zip around on my future gas cruiser =D
Hi there. Noticed your planning on building the same bike I just bought. If you get an angled head motor 66cc it fits like a glove. Bought my engine kit at BikeBerry. One thing though, would recommend an offset intake for the carb. The carb will go in there but its a bit tight.
usflg

AssembleThis

May 11, 2014
NC United States
Hi I'm Juan,

Another thing ditch the fenders and get a dual kick stand that you can mount where the old one sits. Makes working on your bike a lot easier.
usflg

DKxInsomniac

May 1, 2014
Miami, Fl
Hi there. Noticed your planning on building the same bike I just bought. If you get an angled head motor 66cc it fits like a glove. Bought my engine kit at BikeBerry. One thing though, would recommend an offset intake for the carb. The carb will go in there but its a bit tight.
usflg
Thanks a bunch! =D