Zooma motor

GoldenMotor.com

Tinker4

Oct 11, 2008
Arizona
A friend gave me a zooma motor my question is coud it be used on the back of a bicycle? Drive is the right side not the left, any ideas? This is my frist build and Im not sure if it can be done with this motor. Thanks :ride2:

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Are you sure it's got the drive on the right? I have a Vino 50 which has the same drive train (I thought) and the final drive is on the left as you sit on the scooter.

It wouldn't be too hard to hook it up with a little ingenuity....(DIY Forum)

Tinker4

Oct 11, 2008
Arizona
I took another look if I were sitting on the bike the sprocket on the motor is on the right hand side. I guess I could build a bracket and mount the motor on front tire.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Or....turn it around, mounting the tire and all to the top of the rear wheel and having the CVT drive driving the zooma rear wheel, friction drive to the bikes rear wheel, presto change-o- 50 mph!

Last edited:

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I have a zooma motor....does yours have the gear reduction gear box?

Mine does but I have no ideal what the gearing is...I figured I would just try it and see what happens

I've been so busy with my new job I have not had time to work on my DIY project in a while. Hopefully soon I can get going on it again and see if that gear reduction will be enough. Or, I could just be wasting my time but if it does work it will be a very easy set-up for folks to do.

Check it out here.....http://motorbicycling.com/f36/my-diy-project-2444.html

Tinker4

Oct 11, 2008
Arizona
The motor came off one of those motorized stand on scooters. The motor is a 33 cc. To make it a friction drive I would need to remove the sprocket that is in place now. Can you buy those friction rollers, I have seen some home made ones but I dont have the knowhow or the equipment to make one.:crash: