West Coast Chopper Build

GoldenMotor.com

LOCOPIMP

Jun 28, 2011
Boise,ID
hello im new to group and im building a West Coast Chopper. Its my first build and i need help with the rear sprocket sitting too deep in the hub and chain rubbing on tire and mounting the egine on the frame. any recomendations or ideas would be greatfully appreciated thanks.drn2

norton220

Jul 1, 2011
Canada
hey there, i am doing the exact same build myself, planning on starting tomorrow, and from what i have seen on the net, people were buying the motor plates off ebay because there was a guy that was selling them for about $50, and as far as the chain rub goes, in one picture i seen they put the chain tensioner UNDER the brake so it would stay out of the way. And to stop the gear sitting too deep into the hub, just use some spacers. hope i helped!
-Tyler

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Tommys Chopper pictures by Ron-Becker - Photobucket

http://cgi.ebay.com/Schwinn-OCC-Cho...533?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a1051a4f5

If you buy a engine mount, I'd recommend this here, best built on Ebay. The other mount listed if from BGF "boy go fast" ( also known as "luckyearlybird") and I wouldn't recommended them as a seller or vendor.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is a post from a MB rider....
Bikeuser
Do Not Use Boygofast!
Do not deal with boygofast rico group,rick shi, He is a coward and in cahoots with revolution cycles aka bryan samones. His 4 cycle kit which he sent me had a weird rear sprocket.I asked him to resolve this situation. he did not answer and instead I got an email from bryan calling me a moron. I tried to use paypal claim but paypal doesn't even care if the seller send you a freakin brick
its just the delivery. if rick or bryan is reading this. I want to let these dishonest businessmen know that they cannot keep scamming customers forever. I am so hopping mad right now. I shouldn't have to respoke the wheel if the ebay copy and instruction manual said it was a friction mount.

here is a cut and paste

Hello Rick asked me to take your case...
You will need to lace the hub. this can be done at a bike shop for $30 I will trade you for a 44T speed sprocket with rubber mounts if you send me the hub and sprocket.
-=Bryan

On Wed, Jun 4, 2008 at 1:05 AM, Revolution Cycles <[email protected]> wrote:

I need these 4 stroke parts have the moron return it and i will sell. You see now my reason for having mean dog reputation. I have had only 3 charge backs in the last year and a only 3 or 4 non paying bidders... Every now and then you have to tell a monkey to go climb a tree in public so the idiots know you don't tolerate weakness. I will contact him. thanks =b

On Tue, Jun 3, 2008 at 4:47 PM, Rick Shi <[email protected]> wrote:

Br:
contact him to the installation

thanks

Last edited:

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
Here are your issues -

Can't use pedal chain without a second sprocket ring and tensioner to pull pedal chain down to avoid motor contact.

The bike is mostly cast, so NO DRILLING ANYWHERE.

The downtube from the seat doesn't meet the bottom of the bike, much less anywhere near the crankset.

The rear wheel is a coaster hub.

The tires are whoppingly fat.

Unless you have a solution to every one of these, your WCC won't work.

outlawbiker

Mar 15, 2009
Chicago NW Suburbs
when me and my buddy attempted to build on his west coast chopper heres what we had to do, the back tire is to wide,and the original spokes cant accept the sprocket, so we grabbed a bmx 20 inch rear end rim and mounted the fat tire on it,then spaced out the sprocket with a ton of washers to get it to clear the tire so the chain wouldn't rub.

next was mounting the engine, there was plenty of room in the frame to mount it low,but my friend wanted it up higher for some reason,however i had to do some horrific frankenstein welds to with in the frame to make a rock solid foundation for the engine mounts, because of the location of the engine being up higher we had to move the carb out of the way of the frame and seat post as i can remember which caused a night mare of performance issues.

obviously with the rear rim being transplanted from a bmx with no coaster brakes,i chopped off some (i think they are called) cantilever brakes off the frame of the donor bmx bike and welded the swing arms on each side of the forks, i had to use this because normal bike calipers when you would apply them would squeeze the fat tire not making any contact at all with the rim.

also for the pedals to clear the engine i had to cut off one side of the crank and weld a harden solid steel rod between the 2 to extend the pedal out of the way.

needless to say that this project was a complete nightmare for us,its not impossible to do however. but we did it with very limited resources,money and a with out a proper machine shop. i dont have any decent pics of the finish bike other than this one,but good luck to you.

http://motorbicycling.com/f40/o-c-c-vs-w-c-7561-2.html