sick bike parts universal mount

GoldenMotor.com

Newbikers

Apr 25, 2011
charlotte N C
could someone explain how to use this thing

it just came with a back of washers and screws and a metal plate and an exhaust U bolt

no instructions at all

thanks for any help

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Lock 2 6mm nuts together (turn one clockwise and the other counter clockwise on the stud). To remove stud use the bottom nut. To install use the top nut.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
I ordered it from piston bikes with a engine.

It only came with the engine instructions
THAT is good to know. Thanks for the feedback. They are supposed to provide the instructions. Any questions, you should ask him as he is the retailer. But really we don't mind helping you with the mount - and directing you to our website for installation instructions.

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
I adjusted the internal clutch spring all the way out and it still takes a ton of force to move the lever. Just letting you guys know!
If you are talking about the amount of pressure needed on the hand clutch lever, there are solutions. These clutch set up are inherently hard to pull. There are mods that can be made or bought that will reduce the pressure needed to disengage the clutch. A search will find what you might want.

happyjourney

Mar 13, 2011
Key West FL
I'm glad you guys put up the instructions as i hadn't seen them when i bought my mounts. i bought a small universal from sbp with 1.6 inch bolt spacing for a 1 3/8 to 1 1/2 tube for my front tube. i went out to napa and got a 1 1/4 inch exhaust clamp and bought a sbp large universal mount with 1.9 inch bolt spacing for a 1 1/2 pipe. on the front mount the 1.6 inch spacing doesn't exactly fit into the mounting plates hole so i figure i've got to rub a spinning drill bit on the side of the plate to remove some metal in the right spots. i'll have to do that for the mounting holes on the large universal plate made for the 1 1/2 pipe so it will accommodate the 1 1/4 inch clamp. i tried to phone sbp before to ask them about how to mount it but noone answered. luckily i searched on here and found this post with the instructions. now i have to buy a drill and some bits.

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
We do not recall receiving a voice mail from anyone in Florida. We get calls all the time and we return every one. We do limit our phone hours on the weekdays from 5 to 8 pm pst. So it sounds like you need the correct front mount as neither of the ones you ordered seem to be the one you need. It sounds like your down tube is 1 1/4 but difficult to tell from your post if your engine studs are 1.6 or 1.9. If you would like please contact us by PM or email and we can get you the correct part.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
My chain broke on 1st ride and clutch is way to tight.

I adjusted the internal clutch spring all the way out and it still takes a ton of force to move the lever.

Just letting you guys know!
Was it a Grubee(feh) engine kit?
A guy around here had the same problem, backed the internal spring all the way, and still needed two hands on the lever to move it.
Because of this, he ended up getting out of the hobby and dumping the bike and engine on Craigslist.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
They just need to ride enough to break it in, it's a shame when I hear people get so upset with the clutch spring.
Well, it was kinda hard to ride if he had to use two hands every time he needed to use the clutch.

On the other hand, all of the engines that I have gotten from BGF have a very easy to pull clutch, almost a one-finger pull on the lever.

DuctTapedGoat

Dec 20, 2010
Nampa Idaho
I have had them so tight it takes two hands to comfortably pull it - doesn't last more than a week, and a week after that it's like butter.

I like it when they're that hard though personally - feels like a more solid piece of machinery. And of course, feels great once it breaks in - not the lever, but it feels good knowing that I broke it in from just riding around enough.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I adjusted the internal clutch spring all the way out and it still takes a ton of force to move the lever.
Is it the clutch or the clutchee?

How many gym classes did you skip in school?
How many pushup's can you do?
Don't lie.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
I have had them so tight it takes two hands to comfortably pull it - doesn't last more than a week, and a week after that it's like butter.

I like it when they're that hard though personally - feels like a more solid piece of machinery. And of course, feels great once it breaks in - not the lever, but it feels good knowing that I broke it in from just riding around enough.
What causes it to be so tight? Is it the grease that they pack into the main clutch spring assembly that needs about a week to loosen up? I don't think you are changing the actual spring tension inside of the clutch in a week of riding.